• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

If you get players who don't believe they should be at a club involved in a relegation battle to sign relegation reduced packages then release clauses are often the other side of the coin.

Yes we would.

If Fulham won every game they would get 93pts, as shown in my table in The Magic Number thread, so we need 5 pts to get 94pts.

No you’re assuming that Cardiff also get to 93 points which means they would need over 2ppg.

But that is assuming that Cardiff keep going and win loads as well. I suspect that the wheels may come off the Warnock wagon. Then we might only need 3 or 4.

Personally I think we are going to get the full fifteen and finish on 104.

No you’re assuming that Cardiff also get to 93 points which means they would need over 2ppg.

I am not assuming anything, just giving the facts as they stand after each game.

As it stands, the maximum available to the 2 teams that could get more than us means we need a maximum of 5pts for promotion, but obviously if either of them slip up, then that number will reduce.

Regards West Brom unless they have some very shrewd recruitment I think they’ll be at best mid table. I agree they won’t go down again. Think they’ll be a slight upgrade on Hull this season.
Just shows how quickly footballing situations can turn, 2 years ago we were a million miles away from them.

I am not assuming anything, just giving the facts as they stand after each game.

As it stands, the maximum available to the 2 teams that could get more than us means we need a maximum of 5pts for promotion, but obviously if either of them slip up, then that number will reduce.

I know. I said that in my magic number thread that you seem to have pinched.

I couldn't believe how bad Villa were on Saturday. Any of the play off contenders watching that will have nothing to worry about. The defending for the last 2 Norwich goals was absolutely dreadful.

Is anyone else looking forward to watching the play offs on telly as much as I am? :icon_lol:

Newcastle went down when they shouldn’t have player quality wise, not really the same with Albion. Plus Newcastle bought in like £80m in player sales and then spent £50m. How are Albion going to raise funds? Chadli £10-15m (although he’s barely played...), Evans £3m, Gibbs £5-10m, Dawson £10m, Rondon? J-Rod? But if they sold all those they’d literally have nothing left!

If people think we can get £5m for Danny Batth, then I'd say Evans will go for a fair amount more than the £3m you're suggesting!

Chadli will probably go for about £8m and someone will pay circa £6m for Gibbs (who will then spend most of the season injured).

They have enough talent to raise some decent money, and there will definitely be suitors out there for some of their players. Where that leaves the squad after the shake up is anyone's guess. Sturridge & Krychowiak will go back to their parent clubs.

The likes of Brunt, Livermore, Morrison, McClean etc will stick around (because they'll be suited to the Championship and offer the much lauded "Championship experience" you apparently need), and they'll probably mix it in with some younger players like Sam Field, Jonathan Leko & Oliver Burke who haven't been given a chance to shine this season.

I think they'll do alright next season, but there are going to be some big clubs down in the Championship (Stoke, whoever else comes down, both Sheffield clubs, likely to be two out of Villa, 'boro, Derby, one of Fulham/Cardiff etc) and it isn't going to be easy.

Evans has a £3M relegation release clause.

I'm sure that I heard that Rondon has an £8m transfer relegation release clause and they rejected an offer of £28m from China last season!

Is anyone else looking forward to watching the play offs on telly as much as I am? :icon_lol:

Without a doubt. Been discussing with the lads at work and there's probably more interest in the playoffs than there is the World Cup at the moment!

Without a doubt. Been discussing with the lads at work and there's probably more interest in the playoffs than there is the World Cup at the moment!
This is madness. Watch the poxy play offs, or watch a series of players we're going to be signing playing on the biggest stage in the world.

As soon as we've confirmed promotion/the title, I couldn't give a fuck about the championship. I'll be interested in us, what we're doing, and the ridiculous summer transfer thread.

The play offs are ACE. And the absolute best way to watch them is when you're already promoted so didn't need them in the first place. The tension on the faces of the supporters is brilliant.

Last season's playoffs were truly awful :icon_lol: Not even one vaguely satisfactory game and the final has a shout of being in the top ten worst matches I've ever seen at any level.

Back