• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Really looking forward to the Villa – Cardiff game on Tuesday night. Two young, forward-thinking British managers. Both spent time abroad studying the game. Both of their teams like to get the ball on the ground, pass and move. Fluid formations: technical, well-coached players. And both of them erudite, fluent communicators, ready to discuss the game at length. Really feel the future of the British game is in good hands…

Pretty much every poster on VillaTalk want Bruce sacked, some even if they go up.

Really looking forward to the Villa – Cardiff game on Tuesday night. Two young, forward-thinking British managers. Both spent time abroad studying the game. Both of their teams like to get the ball on the ground, pass and move. Fluid formations: technical, well-coached players. And both of them erudite, fluent communicators, ready to discuss the game at length. Really feel the future of the British game is in good hands…

I think it's more appropriate that they are both humble enough to know the etiquette and class of being a British manager :)

Watched the Norwich v Villa game last night live - if you didn't know who was where on the table you'd have sworn that Norwich were the team that were challenging for promotion.

Like Cardiff, Villa play a very predictable brand of football - however their clash this week will be interesting, especially with Cardiff's long unbeaten run now ended (I wonder if they'll struggle for a few games just like when Bristol City did when we ended their run).

I would definitely like to see Fulham overhaul them - they are a decent real football playing side.

Villa have been crap since they beat us and wouldn't surprise me if Cardiff faltered a bit after Fridays physical and mental exertions, could easily be a tense draw

Would really like Fulham to drop points on Tuesday, winning promotion promotion against blues would be great, but the standard pitch invasion with them in the lower Steve Bull would not be good.

I believe the top 6 stays as it is from here.

Sheffield United & Bristol City have both had good seasons, but they've both dropped off and are probably a little too far back at this point to get in (given the number of games left they'd be looking for 'boro to lose a couple and they'd need to win most/all of their own remaining games). The final spot will be between Millwall - and fair play to Neil Harris, he's done an unbelievable job with that squad - and 'boro. I suspect Millwall will fall just short as 4 of their remaining 5 games are against Sheff Utd, Fulham, Boro & Villa.

I hope Fulham pip Cardiff to 2nd. I like their manager and they play good football. It's also a superb away day (my most visited away ground) and it's easy to get tickets there. From Cardiff, Villa, Boro & Derby you could literally close your eyes and pick which one goes up randomly. Given 3 of the 4 are managed by Colin, Bruce & Pulis, I'd probably have to pick Derby by default, but their form isn't exactly setting the world alight (2 wins in their last 10 games). Bet Villa win the play offs, the twats.

I know we have loftier ambitions, but the first target next year will be to finish 4th from bottom, Cardiff being promoted fills one of those bottom 3 slots, so I'd rather see them go up automatically and Millwall win the play offs.

It really won't be that target at all. We are going into the top flight with a rather different mind set than that.

I think it's more appropriate that they are both humble enough to know the etiquette and class of being a British manager :)

Warnock talking about showing class: isn't he the manager who told his players to get sent off in order to get a game abandoned?

I'd probably have to pick Derby by default, but their form isn't exactly setting the world alight (2 wins in their last 10 games). Bet Villa win the play offs, the $#@!s.

Or 2 in 2 if you look at it another way. Living here I'm unsure how I feel about Derby. On the one hand it's good for the City, banter and a a top day out for the away fixture. On the other, I'd like to have my time and more importantly my son's time lording it over them, which wouldn't happen if they get promoted at Wembley and are also in the PL. On balance I'd rather they don't go up, unless they play Villa.

Pretty much every poster on VillaTalk want Bruce sacked, some even if they go up.

Couple of them wanted to give the job to John terry NOW and have lampard as assistant,presumes
A. Terry wants to be a manager
B. He'd want to manage villa having seen what's there
C. Lampard wants to get into management and he'd think villa are the right fit

Should be some cracking games in the Champo next season. Sunday Times is saying Baggies want BFS to steer them back to glory...

BFS isn't dropping back to the Championship I wouldn't think. He'll get another premier league job around Christmas even if he leaves Everton in the summer.

BFS isn't dropping back to the Championship I wouldn't think. He'll get another premier league job around Christmas even if he leaves Everton in the summer.

He might fancy something a bit different after a few seasons of doing rescue jobs. He would have a decent squad and money to spend and gets to go for promotion again. All with a lovely big pay off from Everton in his pocket to buy as many pints of wine he wants

He might fancy something a bit different after a few seasons of doing rescue jobs. He would have a decent squad and money to spend and gets to go for promotion again. All with a lovely big pay off from Everton in his pocket to buy as many pints of wine he wants

They have no money

Back