• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

I'm not sure Spurs are any better at bringing through youth team players than any other club as they've only brought through Kane and Winks (albeit Kane's a bit good). Leicester certainly aren't, Chilwell being the only player I can think of.

I don't see us as being any different to any other club in bringing players through and I think we'll be very similar to most in that we buy and probably modestly to start with. I expect to see a few loans with buying clauses as we have done in the last few seasons along with 1 or 2 high profile transfers.

I still struggle to think beyond this season TBH! Nothing wrong with doing so of course, but I'm just enjoying where we are and how we're going about our business.

I'll start thinking a bit more about next season once the hangover from promotion starts to fade somewhat! In the meantime, I just intend to enjoy the ride.

Tbf Spurs did bring through Mason and Townsend too, just got rid of them (for good money) when it was clear they weren't quite up to the mark.

You could argue Rose too as they bought him when he was 17 and he'd never played for Leeds.

Edit: Onomah played a fair amount over the last two seasons too, 31 appearances in all competitions.

Caulker didn't play that much for them but again they got a good fee for him.

Cardiff's game at Derby has been rescheduled for Tuesday 24th April. Which means they've got a very busy month indeed:

Friday 30th March: Cardiff v Burton
Monday 2nd April: Sheff Utd v Cardiff
Friday 6th April: Cardiff v Wolves
Tuesday 10th April: Aston Villa v Cardiff
Saturday 14th April: Norwich v Cardiff
Saturday 21st April: Cardiff v Nottingham Forest
Tuesday 24th April: Derby v Cardiff
Saturday 28th April: Hull v Cardiff

That postponement really didn't help them.

Cardiff's game at Derby has been rescheduled for Tuesday 24th April. Which means they've got a very busy month indeed:

6 games in 20 days ouch! he he he

Warnock won the battle then as the EFL wanted the game played a week earlier

Did help us, though :p

Warnock won the battle then as the EFL wanted the game played a week earlier

Yep - sandwiched between two eminently winnable games now rather than as part of a three match away run. We need to have it done by the time they play that game in hand ideally. Just to make them relax and concentrate on fending off Flum and Villa.

Tbf Spurs did bring through Mason and Townsend too, just got rid of them (for good money) when it was clear they weren't quite up to the mark.

You could argue Rose too as they bought him when he was 17 and he'd never played for Leeds.

Edit: Onomah played a fair amount over the last two seasons too, 31 appearances in all competitions.

Caulker didn't play that much for them but again they got a good fee for him.

Dier, and Davies , and Trippier

Trippier was nearly 25 with nearly 200 games for Burnley alone behind him when Spurs signed him :icon_lol:

I thought Dier was at Sporting on loan from Spurs seems not oh well, My bad on Trippier, I do not remember him at Burnley at all must be old age

Despite taking an early lead Burton have equalised against Cardiff. A draw there would be an excellent result.

Fulham being held at Norwich at the moment - no bad thing

Anyone below them shouldn't worry us (probably they won't either, but are nearer)

Not sure how Cardiff are level. Should be 3 or 4 up already. Will be amazed if Burton get anything from this game

Cardiff score right on half time (Mendez-Laing) to go 2-1 up.

Well done Bywater, diving out the way.

That's that then but Norwich doing OK against Fulham.

Back