• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Don't get me wrong it's great news for us. Just stinks by Derby.

Colin would have done exactly the same if he was in charge of Derby.

Just think of it as extreme time wasting

It does mean we won't kick off against boro level on points with Cardiff

People don't live in the carpark though. I work in Long Eaton about 3 minutes drive from the ground, and there a preliminary warning sent to parents at our school this morning due to snow in certain areas.

This is it really, unless you've seen the surrounding areas for yourself (and I would take Colin's words with a mountain of salt) then you can't say. I know it would have been unsafe for me to get from my house to Bilbrook station (it's a 10 minute walk) on the original date for the Reading game. And I have a really simple journey relatively speaking.

VD05uii.png

I'd have pushed the prick down a disused mine personally, but clearly there are issues.

And makes a mockery of the idiot's original tweet:

https://twitter.com/GregHalford15/status/975314057988370432

God I still hate him.

Brilliant, was a time I was convinced his twitter was a wind up account. Remember the time he posted about what to do with his day off? Then posted about 25 mins later that a Wolves coach had called to ask where he was as they were meant to be in for training!

Why is 'relocatedwolf' so bothered about it ??

Situation sounds very similar to when West Ham called off the game against ourselves based on weather forecast.

So - we have 82 pts at the moment. I have just been looking back over the final championship tables since 2000 and it turns out the average points total needed to finish second has been 83.5 - with the 82 pts we have at the moment, we wouldn't have finished lower than 5th in the last 17 seasons. With 82 pts we would have finished 5th 2 times, 4th 7 times, 3rd 6 times, 2nd once and once we would have been champions (2007/08, when West Brom won it with 81 pts!).

Another Samuel article today and Derby attempting to distance themselves from Villa and Leeds

Much like the protests against Wolves from within the Football League, this seems an overplayed hand. Derby, for instance, are more upset at being considered aligned with Aston Villa and Leeds, than with anything Wolves have done.

'We have no axe to grind with Wolves and appear to have been thrown into this debate for spurious reasons,' a Derby official told me last week. 'We don't support either of those other two clubs.'

The interesting point is that it is no longer Villa and Leeds, but now some bottom end Premier League clubs. Sounds like they are shitting themselves about us arriving as a bit of a force.

The interesting point is that it is no longer Villa and Leeds, but now some bottom end Premier League clubs. Sounds like they are shitting themselves about us arriving as a bit of a force.

Im particularly interested to see Leicester's take on it, if they turn into "last off the boat" arseholes or they appreciate like them we don't want to be a nothing club making up the numbers.

Got any links to said PL clubs comments? I’d be interested to read them.

there are three leagues in the prem. The first league is the top six of spurs arsenal chelsea liverpool Manu Manc. You can bet that most of the trophies will end up there. Then there is a middle ground of teams that wont make the top 6 but are unlikely to be relegated. Everton are probably the longest resident in that group. Then there are the other teams all fighting to stay up. Maybe they could make a cup final too buts thats about it. Leicester were unique . That happens once in a generation, see Ipswich 1962, Forest 78, Blackburn 1995. Never going to happen more than that.

So where do Wolves want to pitch themselves? Ideally it has to be breaking into the top 6 but to do that you need to be consisently challenging over a number of years , something noone including Leicester has managed to do. So, realistically if we get promoted even with the best will in the world , business plan , investment etc for the next 5 years I will be happy with a mid table place. A bonus would be a cup final/ win or europa league place. That would be a huge step forward. If that is acheived consistently until 2020-22 then it would show the intent to break into the top 6 and therefore that would be a reasonable aim. But at the moment its reaching for the moon. We wont do a Leicester or a Forest

there are three leagues in the prem. The first league is the top six of spurs arsenal chelsea liverpool Manu Manc. You can bet that most of the trophies will end up there. Then there is a middle ground of teams that wont make the top 6 but are unlikely to be relegated. Everton are probably the longest resident in that group. Then there are the other teams all fighting to stay up. Maybe they could make a cup final too buts thats about it. Leicester were unique . That happens once in a generation, see Ipswich 1962, Forest 78, Blackburn 1995. Never going to happen more than that.

So where do Wolves want to pitch themselves? Ideally it has to be breaking into the top 6 but to do that you need to be consisently challenging over a number of years , something noone including Leicester has managed to do. So, realistically if we get promoted even with the best will in the world , business plan , investment etc for the next 5 years I will be happy with a mid table place. A bonus would be a cup final/ win or europa league place. That would be a huge step forward. If that is acheived consistently until 2020-22 then it would show the intent to break into the top 6 and therefore that would be a reasonable aim. But at the moment its reaching for the moon. We wont do a Leicester or a Forest

As much as I'd love us to do what Leicester did, almost immediately snatching a title win out of nowhere and getting Champions League football, I think we should be looking to be more like Spurs, who have successfully managed to transition from that mid-tier group into the top-tier over the course of a decade bit by bit, using a combination of transfer planning, youth development, hiring reasonably good coaching talent, etc. (And there have been bumps along the way, of course, but they haven't become title contenders on a regular basis out of nowhere.)

There's maybe an argument that doing a Leicester is actually bad for that process of organic growth in stature and title-challengeabilty, for clubs who aren't expecting it. Leicester had a good infusion of cash from it, and doing well in the Champions League, but they weren't super ready off the pitch to make moves for players that would enable them to challenge repeatedly in the future, and on the field their better players like Mahrez were unsettled by the prospect of being trapped as a one-hit wonder. And Leicester's owners aren't *that* different in outlook and ambition to Fosun, being objective about it - they've also invested heavily in Leicester's infrastructure and youth academy as well as the team, but it's still going to be interesting to see what having a one-off influx of LOADS OF MONEY does to the club as a whole. They could establish themselves as another Everton, or they could remain mostly relegation candidates with that one magical season fading into memory.

Back