• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Gotcha. Didn't realise he was on that much.

I did read that Villa's wage bill was £61.5m last season compared to our £28.2m. And it's rumoured to be over £100m this season and the 20th highest wage bill in Europe.

Snodgrass has turned out to be quite a 'handy' player for Villa, esp. against us.

These comments are getting seriously tedious

The question has been asked (as is their right) - EFL has agreed to look at the matter & Wolves have said that they will fully cooperate, but consider that they fully comply with any current regulations.

They should shut the feck up via media as the only purpose of that is to try and destabilise us (which it won't) & to cover the fact that the other clubs concerned have spend shedloads withut getting the same return

They should shut the feck up via media as the only purpose of that is to try and destabilise us (which it won't) & to cover the fact that the other clubs concerned have spend shedloads withut getting the same return

Exactly. Fortunately I think the majority of the people who aren't linked to any of the clubs involved can see it's just very sour grapes from some very sour people.

I do think a lot of the rhetoric coming from Villa/Bruce is meant to deflect from their own spending. They'd surely be in some amount of trouble (not necessarily with FFP) if they don't go up this year.

They're wrecked if they don't go up. Bet the farm on it and in a stupidly short-termist way too. They'd have to strip the lot out and start again with not much to spend as their squad is, on the whole, worth nothing.

They're wrecked if they don't go up. Bet the farm on it and in a stupidly short-termist way too. They'd have to strip the lot out and start again with not much to spend as their squad is, on the whole, worth nothing.

Do you think their biggest names (Terry, Snodgrass, etc.) have clauses in their contracts about not getting promoted? I.E., "I get to force my way out if a Prem team shows interest"?

Terry is very close to retirement anyway. They might ask him to leave with a smallish payoff, maybe. He might go regardless. I reckon he'll retire if Villa go up. 0% chance of any PL team wanting to sign him.

Snodgrass is on loan, Villa don't go up and he pops back off to West Ham.

Grealish is their main asset, then maybe Chester and Kodjia (injury concerns notwithstanding). There isn't much else. Either too old, unproven in the case of the youth as Bruce never plays them, or just shit.

You’d think the EFL would hurry up about these questions given the stage of the season.

Mind you, I’m expecting them to be competent which is probably reaching a bit...

Have to say Derby have gone about things correctly, their concerns may be misplaced but they have written to the bodies and raised their concerns, no Twitter campaign, nothing coming from the manager. They've done it by the book, even if the complaint is spurious.

The EFL/FA won't have the stomach for it but when they find we are fully compliant they should request both clubs and Wyness/Xia/Radrizzani apologise for their conduct, failure to do so will result in the club's being charged with the same offence Wimbledon were when they "disrespected" McDons.

I quite like the idea of villa and Leeds having to explain their transfer policy and wages too, would be fun to hear the excuses flow....

Have to say Derby have gone about things correctly, their concerns may be misplaced but they have written to the bodies and raised their concerns, no Twitter campaign, nothing coming from the manager. They've done it by the book, even if the complaint is spurious.

The EFL/FA won't have the stomach for it but when they find we are fully compliant they should request both clubs and Wyness/Xia/Radrizzani apologise for their conduct, failure to do so will result in the club's being charged with the same offence Wimbledon were when they "disrespected" McDons.

This is the nub of it

If Club's consider that another has broken the laid down rules then they have a right to raise the issue, the EFL to investigate & us to answer (which I have no doubt we will do perfectly)

If it gets into the public domain (which it only will if 'someone' starts leaking the info) then you will get questions at press conferences, but (Steve Bruce please take note) you only have to say that the matter has been raised with the appropriate authority, they are investigating and you will not make any comment until that process has been completed.

And as for Tweets - Xia is proving himself to be as big a fool as Trump on there.

Xia being a dick on Twitter is nothing new, before he stuck his snout in our affairs.

Derby are crocked for Sunday so expect Colin's promotion march to continue

Steve Bruce knows damn well that Wolves have played within the rules, what he is trying to do is trying to create the impression that if Wolves had not "cheated" he would have had Villa in the top two. (so yes he is still great!)
Fans should note that his team have failed to overhaul a Cardiff team run on a comparative shoestring.
This accusation whether or not the EFL come out and say its all above board, will tarnish our reputation and we will recieve lazy press sensational BS for some time to come.
There is no way that the EFL can explain how we operate as that is our own intellectual property so this won't go away even when we are cleared of any wrong doing. They are bringing the game into disrepute and should be charged for these statements made after the EFL said they will look into it.
I hope they have a major collapse despite having a champions league (pretend) winner in their ranks (in the championship).

Said bloke in his kit although as you all know he was suspended for the final.
John-Terry-572919.jpg

Fulham draw at home v QPR after being 2 goals up.

Vile behind but fully expect them to go on and win this. Was nice seeing that cunt grealish smack his head on the pitch

Vile behind but fully expect them to go on and win this. Was nice seeing that cunt grealish smack his head on the pitch
He’s spent most of the game throwing himself on the deck.

Back