• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

QPR fans and Holloway leave the train after their 3-1 win at Villa

Interesting what a few days can do to a Villa fans perspective. The win against us was their cup final, but they still have to play and beat the likes of QPR. I had a feeling they would come unstuck and perhaps only manage a draw so to see them get humped is great, they cant afford any more slip ups now.

Cardiff are on a run that could easily see them win the division, especially if they beat us at their place. They have the right combination of unstoppable momentum and being in a strong position now. Fulham have great form but are too far back to win the title. It's us or Cardiff and the title will likely be decided in our game with them.

Cardiff are on a run that could easily see them win the division, especially if they beat us at their place. They have the right combination of unstoppable momentum and being in a strong position now. Fulham have great form but are too far back to win the title. It's us or Cardiff and the title will likely be decided in our game with them.

Cardiff aren't unstoppable, they're just bloody difficult to play against! Brentford were far too easily bullied last night. I think we're much more Championship savvy for this kind of fixture these days (something we've learned since they did a job on us at Molineux earlier in the season). I'm sure we can give them a bit more of a challenge than Brentford did. Cardiff were rattled early on and Brentford played some lovely stuff - they simply couldn't keep it going once Cardiff rolled their sleeves up and set about their game plan.

I think Derby v Cardiff on Sunday could be a cracking game because Derby really can't afford to throw away points with Middlesbrough and Sheffield Utd breathing down their necks.

Derby are done. They'll miss out entirely I reckon.

Fair play to Cardiff, they never give up and despite what some people may think, they have plenty of good players in their squad.

I thought Zohore and Hoilett were excellent last night.

Colin is a prick, but the job he has done this year with an average at best Championship squad is tremendous.

Zohore is class. I'd take him over every other striker at this level.

The thing going in our favour is that Cardiff have won 7 in a row and will drop points soon. No team keeps a winning run going for much longer than that. I think it will be close between the two of us at the end of the season.

4 more wins should see us promoted and hopefully one of those will come on Saturday.

The thing going in our favour is that Cardiff have won 7 in a row and will drop points soon. No team keeps a winning run going for much longer than that. I think it will be close between the two of us at the end of the season.

4 more wins should see us promoted and hopefully one of those will come on Saturday.

Agreed.

Burton (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Hull (H)
Cardiff (A)
Derby (H)
Birmingham (H)
Bolton (A)
Sheffield Wed (H)
Sunderland (A)

Plenty of opportunity to get what we need from that lot. Knowing us, we'll drop points on Saturday and then win at Boro and Cardiff!

I think that Nuno and the team will want to get vengeance for the manner cardiff won at our place. As a result, we may well win there.

We will NEVER win at Boro!

We’re are way overdue last time we won there was in 1951 or something ridiculous like that, tho I agree every memory of playing Boro away is defeat. I only remember us getting a draw there twice in 91 and 98.

There's some odd pockets of confidence that they'll beat Cardiff too...

Looks like most of them have given up already but yet when they were 7 points behind us Saturday they were going to catch us.

Cardiff aren't unstoppable, they're just bloody difficult to play against!

The fact that they haven't lost in the league since New Year's Day says you are wrong. At the moment they have all of the momentum and are easily the best side in the Championship since the turn of the year. They lost at QPR on January 1st and the only other points they have dropped since then were in a draw at Millwall. I'd say that currently they are pretty unstoppable and I wouldn't bet against them winning the division ahead of us.

Edit: I missed their 0-0 draw at Sheff Wed. So since Jan 1st they haven't lost and drawn 2, winning the rest.

Back