• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

He's been very good under Pulis to be fair to him.

Well I just did the championship predictor and amazingly I have us still going up...

I8FQlKv.png

Well I just did the championship predictor and amazingly I have us still going up...

I8FQlKv.png

You really think Cardiff will win 9 of their last 10 games and draw the other one? That's not going to happen, they're winning by the odd goal every week and have a number of tough away games. If we get to 96 points we will win the league. It's still up to us, we were more than in the game at 1-1 yesterday but Nuno firstly changed it far too late and then got the subs wrong anyway. Some players do look a little tired but our slump is down to Nuno imo and if he gets it right then we get it right.

You really think Cardiff will win 9 of their last 10 games and draw the other one? That's not going to happen, they're winning by the odd goal every week and have a number of tough away games. If we get to 96 points we will win the league. It's still up to us, we were more than in the game at 1-1 yesterday but Nuno firstly changed it far too late and then got the subs wrong anyway. Some players do look a little tired but our slump is down to Nuno imo and if he gets it right then we get it right.
I was trying to be pessimistic to see the worst case scenario!

We still have a lead and 6 of the last 10 at home which is better than the others have

Nuno has praised the support this season (both home & away) - now is the time to make Molineux a fortress & win all of them (Derby probably the most difficult) - do that plus we will get some away points and I don't see any of the others being able to exceed our total.

Now is the not the time for negativity even if we are not reaching some of the heights from earlier in the season - we have our part to play!

I've played with the prediction league quite a lot and in pretty much all cases we go up. The hardest part is predicting who the likes of Cardiff, Villa and Fulham will lose to. But in reality it isn't about them its about us, if we play even to 75% of our true capability in the remaining games we will win some of them and go up comfortably.

Each time you look at the league table it is only a snapshot in time, it doesn't recognize the crazy run of wins Cardiff, Villa and Fulham have. Those runs have to end at the latest when they play one another then their reaction might be a nervy one.

I suspect we will see a few changes for Reading and another Leeds style performance, which should hopefully result in a win.

We still have a lead and 6 of the last 10 at home which is better than the others have

Nuno has praised the support this season (both home & away) - now is the time to make Molineux a fortress & win all of them (Derby probably the most difficult) - do that plus we will get some away points and I don't see any of the others being able to exceed our total.

Now is the not the time for negativity even if we are not reaching some of the heights from earlier in the season - we have our part to play!

It's not about being negative, it's about being realistic and right now Nuno has been getting it wrong a lot. We were good at Leeds against a very poor side and the fact that we have to play several poor sides is a bonus but it seems to me that while Nuno is still the same he has been all season in front of the camera, his decisions show that mentally it isn't the case. Earlier in the season he would be correcting those things we were doing wrong like being very vulnerable to set pieces delivered deep but now that's not happening, his subs weren't to change the way we were playing but just refresh the style but now his subs change quite a lot.

I said this after the Fulham game but the positives this season were all down to Nuno getting the players ready and in a mindset where they knew they were the best, knew how to play against an opposition and could bounce back from bad results but he's now the reason why we are in this blip. Time for him to kick on again and show why he and his team have been called the best team to every play in this division by some.

It's not about being negative, it's about being realistic and right now Nuno has been getting it wrong a lot. We were good at Leeds against a very poor side and the fact that we have to play several poor sides is a bonus but it seems to me that while Nuno is still the same he has been all season in front of the camera, his decisions show that mentally it isn't the case. Earlier in the season he would be correcting those things we were doing wrong like being very vulnerable to set pieces delivered deep but now that's not happening, his subs weren't to change the way we were playing but just refresh the style but now his subs change quite a lot.

I said this after the Fulham game but the positives this season were all down to Nuno getting the players ready and in a mindset where they knew they were the best, knew how to play against an opposition and could bounce back from bad results but he's now the reason why we are in this blip. Time for him to kick on again and show why he and his team have been called the best team to every play in this division by some.

Don't really disagree, but we cannot influence what Nuno & the team do to affect the game/talk about in the build up - yes we can analyse after whether he/they have been as effective as they should, but during the game can only support & try to encourage - anything else is counter productive

I'm going to state the obvious,so feel free to have a go,but could this wobble be down to the sat-Tuesday-sat amount of games,our fancy foreign players are now finding it difficult,playing that amount of games? The recent bad weather and other cliches,whatever it is,Nuno and the coaching team have to earn their money and turn it around

Don't really disagree, but we cannot influence what Nuno & the team do to affect the game/talk about in the build up - yes we can analyse after whether he/they have been as effective as they should, but during the game can only support & try to encourage - anything else is counter productive

Oh i agree with that, we need to stay behind them at the game and i was still singing at 4-1 down yesterday despite our capitulation in the second half but fans should be allowed to criticise afterwards as long as they have a reasoned argument for what they are saying. For me there's too much of either extreme still, it's either we're fucking shit now and going to to throw it away or we're going to win the league because we're the best team without actually backing both statements up. In reality it could go both ways, we are good enough to win the league still obviously but we have to get back to not making the mistakes we have recently especially from crosses/set pieces but we have also dipped a lot recently and confidence is definitely lower than what it was and the pressure is on and we simply do not know how the players are going to react from here but in the 2 big games recently we have fallen apart very tamely.

Personally i still think we will win the league as we have a number of easier fixtures that definitely suit our players and i believe Nuno will correct what has gone wrong recently and the players will stop making the mistakes however if Nuno doesn't correct the issues then it's easy to see why Cardiff and Villa might catch us.

The Cardiff v us & The Villa V Cardiff games will have an impact - though we have a decent run in on the whole & if we don't go up from here we have only ourselves to blame

Won't be what anyone else does

I'm going to state the obvious,so feel free to have a go,but could this wobble be down to the sat-Tuesday-sat amount of games,our fancy foreign players are now finding it difficult,playing that amount of games? The recent bad weather and other cliches,whatever it is,Nuno and the coaching team have to earn their money and turn it around

This is definitely the case with Jota and Bonatini but no one else. Both played a lot of minutes early on and are paying for it now imo and Nuno is blinkered when it comes to taking them both off. As good as they both have been when at their best they aren't right now and against better sides they are struggling to make an impact. As for other things that are going wrong, N'Diaye has played a lot recently and he's very inconsistent, great at Leeds but poor yesterday both in open play and at defending set pieces, Batth just isn't good enough either defensively or on the ball to play in this team especially against sides that have players like Villa do and Ruddy is far from the confident keeper he was earlier in the season.

This is where Nuno earns his money though as both Neves and Saiss have had breathers this season and so should be first choice between now and the end, we have 3 centre backs that could come in for Batth including one who has hardly put a foot wrong all season, we have another striker to play centrally that has just scored his first goal in his second spell but Nuno seems reluctant to go with him even when it's clear that bringing him on for Cav is never going to work and we have players like Costa and MGW that while they have their own deficiencies are fresher than Jota and can bring us something else.

Can get some good odds on Fulham imo. They've got the easiest run in of any of the other three.
I can't see Cardiff keep winning, they never look anything special.

Cardiff have some tough fixtures coming up, I can't see them winning all of those. Away at Brentford next then Derby then home to Burton and away to Sheff Utd.

Well the twittersphere has gone nuts and there is chernobyl style meltdowns happening with regard to Wolves capitulating this season. I really want some perspective.

If it was a straight race then Villa Cardiff Fulham are all in better nick than us ast the moment but it isnt a straight race. There are only 10 games left and its impossible for all those teams to win every game as they play each other in those last 10 games too! The top 6 championshop sides are all capable of beating each other on their day. Fulham and Villa were onm their game when they played us well done them. But we have proved that we are more than capable of beating anyone in this league ON OUR DAY. We made a tactical decision not to really strengthen our squad in the January window. Thats fair enough but the fallout is that the first team have now played a lot of games this season. We havent really rotated. So we may well have hit a bit of a wall but we get a break after this week. This is the week to show the rest of the chasing pack that we are still the ones to catch and that they need to keep playing exceptionally well and winning to get close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back