• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

Strongbow advert with a bunch of people singing (I use the term loosely) Together In Electric Dreams.

The hipster bastard in it is possibly the worst piano player in the world and sounds like a drowning cat when he bawls out the chorus.

I hate that too. The singing is shit from both of them, and the harmonies are awful.

Latest Skoda advert, pretentious, awful hideous caterwauling. Plus its a car, just fuck off.

Definitely,they used to do good funny ones,must have changed to a different hipster wanky agency,late 90s the cars used to have "yes it's a skoda,and it's in front of you" on the rear windows from the factory,best manufacturer sticker I saw was on the back of a fiat multipla,just said "if you think the back is bad,wait until you see the front"

The new one with the little girl and the grown man having a rap battle...... Over a pre-packed bag of salad!

What the actual fuck.

Oh and I still HATE all the Nationwide adverts, with poems and people talking to the camera, with a passion. Why won't they just fuck off?

If the Halifax had invested all the money they had wasted in horrible adverts over the past 20 years, they could offer mortgage rates of 0.001%.

Cowell Barclaycard shite
The shitty car warehouse place that is just silent

In the day there is one on for some place where you can buy refurb phones. The ad set up is about a very rich mother who buys her daughter everything and had their Butler queue for 3 days to get the latest model. Then flips to a not so well off mother who has got her daughter a refurbed phone and obviously it was cheaper. Flip back to rich folk who are furious at this news.

1) if it's a refurb then that person had to wait a bit as you wouldn't get one in that state on day 1

But mainly

2) Why would the rich fuckers give a shit? If they were concerned about saving money they would just sack the fucking butler or tell the spoilt brat to piss off.

Just say you eventually will sell decent phones at an affordable price without the "yeah this will put the millionaires in their place" shit.

The Amazon advert. A woman and seemingly talented seamstress decides to make a gift for her friend. She's into the construction process before she realises she doesn't have any scissors.

1, What kind of crafting person doesn't have scissors.
2, What kind of crafting person would get them off Amazon when they can just nip any one of dozens of local scissor-selling shops.

A local scissor-selling-shop?

I would steer clear of googling 'scissoring'.....

That's a point, maybe the lady in the advert ordered a 3ft double ender and got the scissors by mistake.....

The Vauxhall adverts for the trade in that goes Lord budleigh salterton (or whoever) has just sold his super car for £800,000,he's made a terrible mistake,he could have got £803,000 if he'd traded in at Vauxhall,yea right because Lord whoever is going to go from a £800,000 supercar to a Vauxhall,and the shit about being a British car maker since 1903,they're owned by Peugeot now,they make French designed vans in Luton,and German designed cars in Liverpool that's it.
And those money supermaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarket ads can do one as well

Hilton Garden Inn. The woman can barely speak. Shocking casting.

Advert for funerals,starts with a bloke saying " I hate going to funerals,that's why I'm not going to mine" but you will be,you just won't know it,annoys me way more than it should do

The Nationwide ad with the couple in the photo booth.

Back