• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

The McDonald's ad using a bereaved child to sell its shite Filet o' Fish is particularly crass.

They have got slaughtered for it and had to apologise so I imagine we won't be seeing it again

Yeah I thought that was pretty awful when I saw it the other day.

"Fillet O Fish for my wife" - That was the best Maccy D advert.

"Big Mac, no two.... make it three."

Has anyone on here ever ordered a Filet O Fish? Does anybody anywhere ever order one?

Yes I've had one before. They're alright. Nice tangy tartar sauce on top of the fillet. There's not much to them though.

I persuaded my Dad to get me a root beer with my meal from McDonald's back in the late 80s. As it turned out he was right, I wouldn't like it. Bloody horrible!

Has anyone on here ever ordered a Filet O Fish? Does anybody anywhere ever order one?

Yes on a mates stag do in Amsterdam.A bar round the corner from the hotel we all stayed in had a McDonald's in the same square. We'd all meet up there (the bar not Mcdonalds!) before venturing out in the daytime or evening. As a quick fill I must have been in there four or five times over the weekend and ordered a Filet O fish before leaving on the Sunday. My brother looked at me like some kind of weirdo and I said that I'd been through the rest of the menu so might as well give it try. The bar owner must have made a fortune out of us over the weekend as he bought us all the last round before we went! Top bloke.

I don't eat beef/red meat. When I worked in maccies I had a few. Like everything else, it is bland, tasteless, and has zero nutritional value.

I don't eat beef/red meat. When I worked in maccies I had a few. Like everything else, it is bland, tasteless, and has zero nutritional value.

You can slag off the actual burgers all you want but Big Mac sauce is not bland or tasteless!

unless it is a sausage and egg muffin, or their pancakes, it is all worthless shit. imo of course.

And yet Money supermarket have managed to go from the most irritating advert ever to Epic Skeletor which is actually rather good!

The Skeletor one is ace!

They have redeemed themselves somewhat with that, will still take a long time for the earlier images to be expunged from my mind & no guarantees given that they won't bring them back at some point!

unless it is a sausage and egg muffin, or their pancakes, it is all worthless shit. imo of course.

Anything off the mcdonalds breakfast menu is a fucking heinous crime against food.

Sausages aren't that shape. That isn't a fucking egg either - its the amalgam of countless fried egg haribo sweets super heated to fool the unwary.

Anything off the mcdonalds breakfast menu is a fucking heinous crime against food.

Sausages aren't that shape. That isn't a fucking egg either - its the amalgam of countless fried egg haribo sweets super heated to fool the unwary.
I didn't realise sausages had a prescribed shape? What about lorne sausages for example?
I can verify also, that it is (or was when I worked there) pure egg. It isn't/wasn't reconstituted or anything. It may not be cooked to your liking, but it is definitely egg.

The eggs are just that. An egg but in a circular shape. Agree about the sausage though.

For burgers, Burger King >
For chicken, KFC >

I like their fries best though.

Everything 'cooked' at McDonalds is just processed and comes through a single pipe at the back.

And it's all made from dogs' lips. FACKT.

I didn't realise sausages had a prescribed shape? What about lorne sausages for example?
I can verify also, that it is (or was when I worked there) pure egg. It isn't/wasn't reconstituted or anything. It may not be cooked to your liking, but it is definitely egg.

I am yet to find a sausage EXACTLY the same shape as a disc of burger meat...

And that is so far from an egg it is a joke. What mcdonalds do to it makes it a different food group. Foul.

Back