• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

I haven't - although the Birds Eye one for microwaveable pasta and veg annoys me. How bloody lazy have you got to be to buy that?!

Was that the one where originally the male character was jaw droppingly sexist? - Something along the lines of 'If you keep cooking like this I'll have to marry you,'

Bag of shite either way - Why can't people learn to cook properly and have some idea of portion control? It's like the ads I see on the tube where you choose your meals and they deliver the ingredients to you along with instructions. Fuck. Me.

Was that the one where originally the male character was jaw droppingly sexist? - Something along the lines of 'If you keep cooking like this I'll have to marry you,'

Wasn't specifically this one but it was from the same range of Birds Eye products, yeah.

Seriously, pasta and veg in a tomato based sauce. If someone doesn't have the time or wit to conjure that up themselves without paying a premium for something you wang in a microwave (frozen as well, so kind of missing the point of a simple element of a meal where for a change, sourcing fresh ingredients would be dirt cheap and very easy) then I'm amazed they manage breathing independently.

Steamfresh-from-Birds-Eye1.jpg

I defy any able bodied person on here to fail to make that themselves.

Not just bingo, but the sheer volume of gambling apps/websites ads really boils my piss. How much money do these people think I have? How much spare time do you think I have (please don't examine how much time I spend on various forums!)?
& the tokenistic "gamble responsibility" bullshit annoys me even more - so false.

Absolutely. It seems to me two out of every three adverts on sky sports channels are for betting sites, and it is the same on the radio with talksport.

Wasn't specifically this one but it was from the same range of Birds Eye products, yeah.

Seriously, pasta and veg in a tomato based sauce. If someone doesn't have the time or wit to conjure that up themselves without paying a premium for something you wang in a microwave (frozen as well, so kind of missing the point of a simple element of a meal where for a change, sourcing fresh ingredients would be dirt cheap and very easy) then I'm amazed they manage breathing independently.

Steamfresh-from-Birds-Eye1.jpg

I defy any able bodied person on here to fail to make that themselves.

Steady on, Herr Deutsch. I was 100% with you up to this part.

I'm sure there's a thread on here that could be resurrected to suggest otherwise...:icon_wink:

This isn't a question of taste though, I don't like porridge but I'm pretty sure I could make it if I had to, I just wouldn't eat it. Anyone who cannot make the above pasta/veg combination without recourse to buying the whole thing frozen (it's something like £1.79 for that piffling amount as well, think how much of the same thing you could make with the same money by doing it on your own, and you could add or remove items to your own taste) is a danger to society.

The Coral betting one with the fat scouser and the burger van....

Just in an opposite direction for a second, I actually quite like the new Honda advert... The one with the words that flash up quickly one at a time.

The new Allianz advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdi2-AU4SHs

1) For using the tediously overplayed "moody teenager gets won round by well-meaning parents" shtick. Really advertising guys, you do earn your money with such fresh ideas.

2) The guy is wasting his money ponying up for singing lessons. She can't sing for shit.

Ha ha ha Dan. The first thing I said to the missus when I saw this was "She should stop with the singing lessons, she's shit...She'll be on X-Factor later this year"

Isn't the point of having lessons to help you improve and get better though?

Best if you have a modicum of talent to start with...would there really be any point in investing loads of time and money to go from being a terrible singer to a just about passable one? If you sent me on an art course it would be a waste of time because I cannot draw. I'm sure I would improve from day one to the end of the course but not by enough to make it worth it.

You could send Paddy on tons of IT courses but I doubt the outlay would support the reward...

This wankrag from the Shearer/Barclays advert.

LkqibCh.png

"Could've been me that lifted him".

You see, I don't think so Steve as you appear to be around the same age or if anything slightly younger than Alan Shearer.

The metro driver in that advert looks remarkably young for someone allegedly driving trains in 1982 as well.

The Birds Eye adverts with some Mum/blogger showing how to 'mix up your menu' are currently giving my wife large doses of rage. Apparently in the latest one she showed how to make 'Fish finger Pitta Pockets'. It involved cooking some fish fingers and putting them in some pitta bread FFS! I got a very expletive-ridden text message off the Mrs when she saw it.

The Barclays adverts with their fucking abysmal "online tips".

So far:

- Spell items incorrectly on purpose when you're searching for them, because they might turn up cheaper
- Put items in your basket but don't go to checkout, and the retailer might email you with a money off offer
- Swap services for services like for like online, the example used being tiling for driving lessons

All absolute rot. At least suggest something sensible!

The Flora adverts where children read out sexual innuendoes over some animation stick in my craw a bit. I thought the one last year about Mummy and Daddy "wrestling" in the bedroom would be a one-off, but there's another one now where some MILF is getting chatted up by a teenager, but the little kid reading the story, oh so cutely, doesn't know what he means by "fit"

The Barclays adverts with their fucking abysmal "online tips".

So far:

- Spell items incorrectly on purpose when you're searching for them, because they might turn up cheaper
- Put items in your basket but don't go to checkout, and the retailer might email you with a money off offer
- Swap services for services like for like online, the example used being tiling for driving lessons

All absolute rot. At least suggest something sensible!

The first two do actually work. There used to be a third party site you could use to search eBay for spelling errors and I've had a couple of emails in the past reminding of incomplete transactions with incentives to complete them.

Back