• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

My personal bugbear is the BBC crowbarring Strictly Come Gaying into half-time slots and of particular hatred is the feckless judges soundbites edited in making out they are commenting on the football. Just fuck off with your shite z-list dancing garbage.

Oh absolutely this. I fucking detest 'Strictly' and anything to do with it.

Maybe his family couldn't afford to upgrade to the 90's?

The ball through car window does my head in......it goes through the glass without smashing it. Magic skillz from the Subway lad

Also it shouldn't have needed Pele to tell him that he was shite at overhead kicks.

Another one - the Halifax advert with the 'story' about the photographer. Why is 70% of your advert comprised of something completely made up which has no reference to what you're trying to hawk?

Oh absolutely this. I fucking detest 'Strictly' and anything to do with it.
Aaaaghhhh.

Farmfoods - "it gets a 10 from Len". Fuck off Len you cunt.

The fucking "mates loans" with the Orangutans in it..."Who ordered the Orangutans?" FUCK OFF!

Aaaaghhhh.

Farmfoods - "it gets a 10 from Len". Fuck off Len you cunt.

Coincidentally, a work colleague mentioned this advert today, I said I'd never seen it so he showed it me on Youtube...it's horrifically bad!

You've shattered an illusion for me, Id always thought that multi millionaire Len Goodman shopped at Farm foods, I just don't know what to believe now :icon_confused:

Stupid Burger King advert, scratchcards are not and have never been 99p. Meaning the whole concept for the advert does not work.

Do we have a thread for good/fun advertisements?

Two personal bugbears at the moment:

1) Daniel Sturridge Subway advert. It's not just his wooden delivery or the bizarre optimism advertisers showed when booking that advert to appear deep in the knockout stages of the World Cup. It's that the flashbacks showing the young Studge's TV, clothes, the car he wellies the ball at, the Pele advert on the TV - appear to indicate that he grew up at some point in the early 80s. I'm not sure England's premier misser of gilt edged chances is 33.
Just on this advert, what the hell is Pele trying to say? I still can't work it out.

"use your head, end it right“?

Fuck knows. The first bit is obvious but I haven't got a clue on the last three words.

'And eat right' which as Andy Townsend would say, is poor grammar for me Clive.

Cheers. I'd have never guessed that. I assumed Pele would be giving words of wisdom about football not sandwiches.

I thought he was telling him to head the ball instead of going for the overhead kick!

I always thought it wasn't a particularly great idea for a footballer to be advertising something commonly known as a "sub".

Are they supposed to be famous old ex footballers in the Betfred Advert? The one where they play keepy up down the street.

This guy makes me want to punch the screen.......dunno why, he just does.

0-14.jpg

Knor stockpots.

Some guy gets asked if something is made locally, the response is 'just 70 miles away'.
Surely 'no' would've been the quicker, more accurate answer?

These things are relative, I suppose. Marco Pierre White is a fucking prick though.

Back