• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

British Gas/the hive.
Fuck right off with the stupid nonsensical song. It ain't fucking funny!

Saw an advert on tv that was advertising some sale (boundary mill), but the voice over pronounced the first "l" in walsall, & it sounded almost like 2 words woll.....sallllll. :facepalm:

The one where grown ups talk like toddlers to hawk some sweet or toy. Fuck knows what it's selling, I've never made it to the end. Fucking awful.

Saw an advert on tv that was advertising some sale (boundary mill), but the voice over pronounced the first "l" in walsall, & it sounded almost like 2 words woll.....sallllll. :facepalm:

I'm just amazed they advertise it being in Walsall. Load of places between J9 & J10 that are advertised as being in Birmingham

'Anything for yow cupcake', fuck off!, fuck off!, fuck off!!!

That shitheel of a fox on the Old Speckled Hen advert. I bet he votes UKIP, the ginger bastard.

Really??
I think I'd pronounce it more or less similarly... I wouldn't put a space in there and I wouldn't lengthen the end like that, but I'd certainly pronounce it Wolsorl...

Would you be so kind as to spell it like you think it should be pronounced....

Like Warsaw, but with an L on the end.

Warsawl.

Like Warsaw, but with an L on the end.

Warsawl.

Amazing!
After all these years too!

Never forget that little place in Yorkshire somewhere near Huddersfield if I remember, called Slaithwaite.
Pronounced 'Slowit'. (As in Ow!! not the opposite of fast)

Kircudbright is my favourite. I didn't have the heart to tell squeeze it was pronounced kerkoobree when she was asking for directions...

There's a village in Norfolk called Stiffkey, pronounced Stew-key.

Not really a complicated one but i don't know how to pronounce the name of the place i work, Heage, could either be Hee-g or Heej I think.

There's a small village not far from Coalville called Heather. It's pronounced Heether, as in heathen.

Back