• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

What is with this trend of ads with godawful cover versions nowadays.
Some ad is murdering It Must Be Love currently.
There's also an awful vocal/acapella All You Need Is Love doing the rounds.
There's several more.
I refuse to buy such products...

John Lewis has now got in on the act with a piano led cover of a keane's somewhere only we know.
Just fucking stop it.

John Lewis has now got in on the act with a piano led cover of a keane's somewhere only we know.
Just $#@!ing stop it.

That advert is just rank. A marketeers wet dream. Doesn't make the brand stronger or make me want to shop in John Lewis, at least the marginally less awful Debenhams ad tells you what they're selling.

I quite like the John Lewis Ad.

Yep me too - all their ads for the last few years have been good. A piano led cover of a shit Keane song isn't going to make me spit my cornflakes out in anger.

Yep me too - all their ads for the last few years have been good. A piano led cover of a $#@! Keane song isn't going to make me spit my cornflakes out in anger.

Lily Allen apparently.

Not long now until that tawdry Coke advert infects my TV. Can't stand it.

#grumpy

Lily Allen apparently.

Needs the cash, obviously. Her venture into the clothing/retail industry has fallen on its arse despite having the weight of her name and being the feature of a tv series.

Just fucking stop it.

It was John Lewis that started the trend about 3 years ago.

Their Xmas Ad are mad really. Last year cost £6m and this years £7m but they don't actually advertise a single product they sell or really promote the store either. Its always just a message.

The Christmas ad that is doing my nut in is the bastard Morrisons one with the Ant and Dick and the singing Gingerbread man. That was in every single ad break when I had the TV on at the weekend

It was John Lewis that started the trend about 3 years ago.

Their Xmas Ad are mad really. Last year cost £6m and this years £7m but they don't actually advertise a single product they sell or really promote the store either. Its always just a message.

The Christmas ad that is doing my nut in is the bastard Morrisons one with the Ant and Dick and the singing Gingerbread man. That was in every single ad break when I had the TV on at the weekend

They were talking about the JL add on R2 on my drive home last week. A lot of research is apparently done into the advertising and despite last years ad costing £6m it was responsible for a 40% rise in sales! I suppose they view it as money well spent.

No doubt it works or they wouldn't keep doing it. I don't mind the add, its not in my face and it doesn't annoy me. Which is a rarity for me as most things annoy me these day

Not long now until that tawdry Coke advert infects my TV. Can't stand it.

#grumpy

I posted on the christmas thread - the coca cola advert was on at the weekend.
Even my christmas loving friend said that was too early!

Stan/Kenny, my annoyance isn't specifically the ad, but the trend of faux acoustic covers that are godawful being the current trend...

Stan/Kenny, my annoyance isn't specifically the ad, but the trend of faux acoustic covers that are godawful being the current trend...

As its something JL have done for a years, that one doesn't bother me. I agree with all the others who do it though. New ideas people, new ideas

We are waiting with baited breath for the footie-gifts Christmas ad, oh hang on, i've just seen it, who are the Santa's ?

Basically it is this

Scene: Wintery backdrop, houses covered in snow, children lobbing snowballs at passing old people etc etc
In the distance some headlights appear...........as they get closer everyone stops doing what they are doing
Shot zooms into reveal Langers driving a Lorry and singing "The Holidays are coming", his passeneger (Paddy) is drinking a coke
The kids cheers as Langers hits a Cat, the lorry crashes threw an orphanage and an old peoples home but tons of Football Merchandise falls from the truck.......

Basically it is this

Scene: Wintery backdrop, houses covered in snow, children lobbing snowballs at passing old people etc etc
In the distance some headlights appear...........as they get closer everyone stops doing what they are doing
Shot zooms into reveal Langers driving a Lorry and singing "The Holidays are coming", his passeneger (Paddy) is drinking a coke
The kids cheers as Langers hits a Cat, the lorry crashes threw an orphanage and an old peoples home but tons of Football Merchandise falls from the truck.......

I've highlighted the fundamental flaw in your concept mate.

You should have him eating a burger instead. You can't ask people to suspend their belief that much.

The Coke can has a price sticker on - £4.85.

That brings it back towards normality

Its a magical time of year, where things that don't happen, happen. Where the unbelievable becomes the believable.......or something

Like me being able to drive?

I like it.

Back