• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

The ridiculously over the top version of "Higher and Higher" on the B&Q adverts. Horrible! Clearly a graduate of the Mariah Carey "why sing one note when eight will do" school.

That frankly creepy toothpaste or toothbrush ad where the girl keeps ageing while her teeth remain 18 years old. What the hell were they thinking?.

Creepy thing is it's only her hair that ages...

The new Phileas Fogg ones are annoying as hell.

Oh and the Reed "Love Monday" ones... "You can be a teacher" etc etc... Actually, no you can't. Unless you have the qualifications. I doubt someone who's eating beef can be a beefeater either. And the fact they don't have thousands of new jobs posted each day is the bit that gets me the most.

Any Pay Day loan advert they are all really really cringe worthy.

The "Vanarama" ad. In fact loads of ads have followed that bloody singing trend with Admiral joining in now. Just fook off

Mars re-running the shit "penalty shootout" advert. Annoying for three reasons:

1) It wasn't good or funny when it was first run
2) It features Clive Tyldesley
3) They haven't bothered to re-edit it so it still features Scott Parker who hasn't played for England in over a year and most likely will never play for England again

The McDonalds advert with Austin Mahone . Really does grind my fucking gears . Youtube it , and imagine having to constantly see it every 10 minutes

That bloody Vauxhall Astra advert with some twat "talking" Reasons To Be Cheerful with different lyrics that don't fit the song... Just piss off will you!!

Any of the current 'Moneysupermarket' ads - a smug git in a blue suit who has a face and voice that you just want to slap!

That utterly stupid Gumtree advert with the long haired gimp talking absolute bollocks.. SUCCESS!

"Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On,apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to t...."

We get it, NOW FUCK OFF.

What is with this trend of ads with godawful cover versions nowadays.
Some ad is murdering It Must Be Love currently.
There's also an awful vocal/acapella All You Need Is Love doing the rounds.
There's several more.
I refuse to buy such products...

I really hate that current trend too LJ. It's not enough to softly sing someone else's songs with all the backing music stripped down to just an arpeggiated guitar. It's not impressive, it's not cute, it's not cool and it's certainly not worthy.

I really hate that current trend too LJ. It's not enough to softly sing someone else's songs with all the backing music stripped down to just an arpeggiated guitar. It's not impressive, it's not cute, it's not cool and it's certainly not worthy.

Respect!

The lack of imagination as well as ability actively puts me off buying such stuff. If the ad is that poor, what does it say about the product?

All Christmas adverts on TV.... Booooo

All fucking Halfords adverts, not just the ones Dave tv shows.

Not exactly an advert, but the clothing firm sponsoring various programmes on Channel 4 where the kid (well really an young adult acting like a kid) screams on the sofa until the parent comes in, smiles sweetly & agrees that they can have a new pair of trainers etc.

If it was mine they would have been ignored completely!

Not exactly an advert, but the clothing firm sponsoring various programmes on Channel 4 where the kid (well really an young adult acting like a kid) screams on the sofa until the parent comes in, smiles sweetly & agrees that they can have a new pair of trainers etc.

If it was mine they would have been ignored completely!

Yeah, that is awful. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Just noticed on the Allianz insurance advert (where they're all on the school run) they've changed the last take so the dick of a kid sat behind the driver's seat isn't massively overacting and absolutely roaring "Are we there yet?", he just says it in a normal voice now. Could they not have noticed first time that it looked really shit?

Back