• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

Is that the one with Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere as the backing track? WTF is that an ad for?

Basically Mobile Internet (provided by 3 of course). Its playing on the fact that people watch any old shit on the net (dancing cats, streams of Wolves games etc)

Basically Mobile Internet (provided by 3 of course). Its playing on the fact that people watch any old shit on the net (dancing cats, streams of Wolves games etc)

Maybe I am just not the target market then - to me, it wasn't at all amusing, and it's such poor quality - and, as Dews says, every time it comes on I still wonder what/who it is advertising #imustbeanoldfart

I think its great - makes me smile when I see it anyway.

The Joe Hart advert is as cringeworthy as anything I have seen. Play is held up whilst he's got a head injury. Will someone come out of the crowd and save the penalties this time? No the trainer arrives on the pitch and massages his head with head and shoulders.

I particularly hate all the meerkat adverts but especially this latest one where one of them complains the other looks nothing like his toy because he's got fat. Then at the end he brings the toy out and it looks nothing like him anyway. Shite!

The Kwik Fit radio adds

"No Dave, this isn't the church....this is kwik fit"

Fuck off with your sub-2001 conversation with the car through the sat-nav. Truly fucking abysmal.

The Joe Hart advert is as cringeworthy as anything I have seen. Play is held up whilst he's got a head injury. Will someone come out of the crowd and save the penalties this time? No the trainer arrives on the pitch and massages his head with head and shoulders.

YES!!! Surely he can't have needed the cash that badly to be in such an awful advert.

Costa Coffee........................loads of heads buried in coffee beans destroying I was made for Loving You by Kiss

just why ?

Agree with that.
All radio adverts should be on this list.
Talking to a friend the other day who can't stand the eva longoria advert (catfood). They were, erm passionate in their anger it causes.

The Santander advert starring wooden performances from Ennis, Button and McIlroy. Awful.

The new meerkat advert with the man complaining about the meerkat and them constantly beating up the go compare man. It's virtually saying "buy our car insurance and then bully people that annoy you"

Just seen the Cuprinol one where the shed is crying, and they feed it a bottle of milk - utter turdish attempt to encourage people to care and nurture for a frigging wooden outhouse.

I hate the new HSBC advert with the snotty nosed 8 year old world business leader selling lemons and lemonade. A fine business, although where the sugar distributor is remains unclear. Also I wonder how many takes it took to make "French-T-T-T-T distuborutor" (supposed to be "French distributor", I assume) to be the best one.

She also says "I'm gonner need rots of suppnies", it's like a bad SNES game's attempts at speech.

I hate the new HSBC advert with the snotty nosed 8 year old world business leader selling lemons and lemonade. A fine business, although where the sugar distributor is remains unclear. Also I wonder how many takes it took to make "French-T-T-T-T distuborutor" (supposed to be "French distributor", I assume) to be the best one.

She also says "I'm gonner need rots of suppnies", it's like a bad SNES game's attempts at speech.
I really hate that girl in those adverts.

The Wonga adverts are STILL annoying me. Not only did I already loathe Wonga but those fucking old people in the adverts who are supposed to run Wonga are infuriatingly annoying. The worst thing is that somebody has got paid to come up with that idea in the first place.

There is a talk talk radio advert with two little kids demanding easter eggs and chocolate. I have wanted to defenestrate the radio every time I hear the fucking thing.

That one annoys me too. I hate radio adverts.

I can tell I am getting old. I alsways used to take the piss out of my Dad for moaning about adverts when I was younger and now I do it. I find myself thinking how much better adverts were when I was a kid - "the red car and the blue car had a race..." and "We want blue stripes, we want white, we want the red stripe and that's alright..." - they dont make them like they used to!

Back