• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Opening and closing ceremonies are always wank, always have been always will be, surprised based on here and wider social media that so many are watching it. London was only special because it meant so much to us as a nation, it was as much about a sense of pride as anything Danny Boyle did

Opening and closing ceremonies are always wank, always have been always will be, surprised based on here and wider social media that so many are watching it. London was only special because it meant so much to us as a nation, it was as much about a sense of pride as anything Danny Boyle did
Fucking ell Tone, you’re such an happy soul ain’t ya. ;)

I think that does a disservice to Danny Boyle, his production was excellent.

Saved the best till last, Eiffel Tower stuff ain’t bad.

Yes but now they got to go all the way back to the start with the fuckin flame.
It's a tourist video of paris, and not a very good one at that.

They got any athletes left on the boat who aint carried the flame yet.

Yeah I take back my earlier comment.
Once the lasers came on and the torch relay of Paris began, that was epic.
I proposed to my wife in the Tuileries beside where the fountain where the cauldron was so that was cool to see.

This shitty weather needs to fuck off or I may be out of a job by the time I get back from holiday - we did the design and optimisation for the combined sewer spill reduction schemes in most of Paris. The brief was it MUST not spill during the olympics, a tad tricky when it pisses it down on a concrete block.

Looks like a medal in the diving as GB pip Australia to the bronze in the synchro 3 metre girls.

Sackcloth and ashes commentary here as the Aussies fucked their last dive.

Yeah Aussies fucked up, phrase to get used to over the next couple of weeks, ‘China currently in the Gold Medal position’.

Ha - the French crowd are booing as the USA draw 12-12 with them.

France won't win gold in this.
Aged well 🙁.
Ref was a homer. He twice prevented the Fijians from using a quick tap penalty and should have given them a penalty in first half stoppage time.

So the women's coach of Canada has been banned for a year by FIFA and the team deducted 6 points for using drones to spy on training sessions of opponents.

Yet I don't remember FIFA getting involved or dealing out punishments when Bielsa openly admitted to spying on every team's training sessions in The Championship when at Leeds.

Ok they're different competitions by different organisers but FIFA should be where the buck stops in any competition around the world IMO.

Back