• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Does the iplayer not offer more variation of events?

No. The BBC are only able to show a maximum of two events at a time, as Discovry+ are the main rights holders.

But, as DW says, it's only £3.99 fir a months subscription.

I think Channel 9 have the entire coverage here, which I imagine will consist only of sports where Australia are looking like doing well. The rest won't exist.

Interesting that the surfing will be on at a decent watching time as it is being held in Tahiti

Don't be duped into buying Discovery+ as an add-on to your Amazon Prime subscription. You'd think it'd be the same, but the interface is crap and you don't have anywhere near the same amount of catch-up content. Found that out when I signed up for it during the Giro d'Italia and was basically unable to watch any highlights unless it was as they were currently being broadcast on Eurosport 😒

Andy Murray has played the final singles match of his career.

The double Olympic gold medallist has withdrawn from the singles at Paris 2024.

He will now focus on the doubles with partner Dan Evans.

Andy Murray has played the final singles match of his career.

The double Olympic gold medallist has withdrawn from the singles at Paris 2024.

He will now focus on the doubles with partner Dan Evans.
Such a shame that his body just gave up on him. Undoubtedly one of our greatest sporting stars of the last 2 decades, and would surely be in contention for one of our greatest ever?

What a nonsense that is to lose in the quarters to a team you’ve just played in your group.

Oops, Paris Olympics cancelled due to outbreak of pneumonia among competitors.

See they got boris and his mates to supply the plastic raincoats.
Not enough to go round, quelle surprise 🤣

Weather hasn’t helped but dear me what a bag of shite, so much fucking water, I’ve needed a piss every ten minutes.
Knew I should have watched the Super League.

I'm guessing the athletes on the big boats could nip inside for a piss, but what about the little guys on the rowing boats, they must have been gagging.

Back