• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

I was a bit pissed off that they replaced the classic 200m sprint with this chaos but I have to admit it's way more fun to watch, and probably to do!

Trying to win gold cost our lady a silver there.
Our guy looks so relaxed

Some serious levels in that team sprint final NZ would’ve been not far off the original WR but GB just smashed

20 women qualified for the pole vault final, Molly chose to go in at 15cm higher than those who have qualified. Feels like Jeff levels of hubris. When you look at her vaults, it was all technique rather than ability to clear the height

20 women qualified for the pole vault final, Molly chose to go in at 15cm higher than those who have qualified. Feels like Jeff levels of hubris. When you look at her vaults, it was all technique rather than ability to clear the height
Yes, it was a classic example of not being able to win the gold in qualifying, but being able to lose it.

I never thought Dina Asher-Smith was such a mardy git. She was properly rude to the American at the end of her SF.

@Dire Wolf you’ll have to explain to me why “changing the pace” is effective in these 5000m and others similar. Surely it doesn’t matter what anyone else runs it at? Run at you most effective pace and you’ll make up the ground at the end when they burn out?

I never thought Dina Asher-Smith was such a mardy git. She was properly rude to the American at the end of her SF.
Saw that. Seemed unnecessarily rude. She was fuming about her own performance in the 100m. Can only assume she's still feeling pretty angry.

@Dire Wolf you’ll have to explain to me why “changing the pace” is effective in these 5000m and others similar. Surely it doesn’t matter what anyone else runs it at? Run at you most effective pace and you’ll make up the ground at the end when they burn out?
I think because it is very difficult for someone to just run away from the pack from a long distance out, most of these distance races come down to speed in the last lap. It's basically a way of trying to run some of the speed out of the legs of the fast finishers. To just run at your own pace and ignore the speed changes takes nerves of steel! I don't necessarily think it works all that often, but it's been a tactic for so long, there must be some belief that it does.

I've actually got a few nerves for Hodgkinson!

Back