• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

The guy nobody to win, but he backed up his mouth
Slow start from him too. I thought he was out of it early and fixated too much on Kerley and Thompson!

Of all the athletes in that race he is the one with the best technique. Thompson is just pure power, Lyles running style is nigh on perfect.

Of all the athletes in that race he is the one with the best technique. Thompson is just pure power, Lyles running style is nigh on perfect.
How fast could Thompson be if he had better technique?

Bolt fast?

How fast could Thompson be if he had better technique?

Bolt fast?
Hard to say; he’s carrying ~15lbs more than Lyles which is a consideration.

Dire beat me to it.

I don't know whether his physique would ever get a perfect technique, he's too big IMO. He has to win with power.

Leaving the juicing aside, I always thought Dwain Chambers was too big for someone who had a lovely natural style.

Nice of SkyBet to offer 2/1 on all runners going under 10 seconds. Very generous as they all qualified in under 10!

Keely Hodgkinson absolutely dominant in her SF.
There was a video a couple of weeks ago on the BBC sports app, a treadmill had been set up at the speed she runs the 800 and some decent young athletes took it in turns to see how long they could run on the treadmill at her pace.
I think one lad got the record at about 30secs.

Read on the beeb tonight that all the top eight finishers in the 100 m, finished faster than the previous world record.
🤪

Read on the beeb tonight that all the top eight finishers in the 100 m, finished faster than the previous world record.
🤪
I think it was something like 3rd to 8th finished in WR times for those places in an Olympic final. The previous WR wasn't broken.

Caudry failed to make the final
That's shocking, she seemed like a nailed on gold. Pole vault is so technical, it doesn't take much for a lot to go wrong. I feel for her.

Last edited:
Brilliant for Rebecca Adrade of brazil.
Whilst you cannot question the power of Biles, and the height she achieves on tumbles and vaults, Adrande has the style and grace, and today she added the power and height without losing any of the grace in her tumbles.
Way to go girl!
I must admit i was surprised at Chiles original score being so low, but awarding the rumanian girl the bronze then upgrading Chiles score was bloody hard on the Rumanian.
The judges deserve a good bollocking for allowing that to happen in the first place.
They take a good few minutes to award the original mark, yet upgrade on appeal in less than a minute?
Do your job you wankers.

Back