• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

He's decent but even more inconsistent than Sako was. He's all legs and not much control.

That article seems to have been written by a 15yr old whose trying to please the club! I have seen Ameobi a few times and there is no doubting his skill and speed but he is very lightweight so it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the Championship. Very different player to Shola!

He'd be quite a good footballer if his legs weren't controlled by invisible puppet master with parkinsons. He's one of the clumsiest athletes I've ever seen.

Newcastle fans I know proper love him, however he has always looked extremely erratic to me. He is 23 as well, compare his career with that of someone like Zaha (who is also still erratic, raw but with lots of potential) who despite being a year younger than him has played nearly 3 times as many games. I think it's telling that last season was the first time he played more than 20 games and now a new manger has already sent him a league lower.

Bit unfair to compare the two in terms of playing time; Zaha got most of his in the Championship and then was a complete non-factor for United while featuring sporadically for Palace and Cardiff.

Zaha is so much better than Ameobi

He'll do well in the Championship. Never looked massively out of place in the Premier League, to be honest and he has his best years ahead of him. I can see why KJ + the team wanted him as a replacement for Sako. Especially if there was some sort of clause written in to the deal to have the option to buy if it was a successful loan deal. That said, it looks like its a straight up loan for Cardiff so I'd rather we found someone who we can actually sign.

And what's our wage budget, then? I didn't know such information had been made public.

"The competition and the creativity and the ability to play the ball and keep it and still retain two forwards was the biggest reason for it."

KJ on the formation used yesterday. Pretty much why I thought it may be a viable option.

And 'nobody else does it' doesn't mean we can't. Hopefully this might shift away from a reliance on wingers. It can help us become more flexible and creative as a team

Nkw we have a diamond, 442, 4231 and 433 that we can go with. It makes us harder to play against

Nkw we have a diamond, 442, 4231 and 433 that we can go with. It makes us harder to play against

saundersact_2444583b.jpg

The opposition won't have a clue what we're going to do.

Cheers for that DW. Now that's two threads on Taptalk where his ugly mug will show up every time the thread is bumped :steam:

Cheers for that DW. Now that's two threads on Taptalk where his ugly mug will show up every time the thread is bumped :steam:

Thought I was the only one to get really annoyed by that. Plus that odd looking woman on the women's world cup thread too.

"The competition and the creativity and the ability to play the ball and keep it and still retain two forwards was the biggest reason for it."

KJ on the formation used yesterday. Pretty much why I thought it may be a viable option.

And 'nobody else does it' doesn't mean we can't. Hopefully this might shift away from a reliance on wingers. It can help us become more flexible and creative as a team

Once the players cross that white line, formations don't matter......

You utter bastards!

I want us to have a formation that we stick by, I've always made it clear about an identity! However, there is a need to be flexible and we've seen that last season where we make quite predictable (and understandable at the time) changes.

Yeah you gotta have options, thats why i wanna see a tall forward as backup(not talking maierhofer here)..in case we have to chase late in games/switch tactics..one that can hold up the ball and also threated on crosses/hoof balls

Shaun Wright-Phillips FFS. That'll cheer up Deutsch.

Young -no
Hungry - no
Affordable - no
Left Sided - no
Played well in the last 5 years - no

Other than that I can see it happening

Back