• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Apparently* we are after Manchester United's Sam Johnstone.

* as in, it's a non-approved website blah blah blah rumour snobbery blah blah

Wouldn't make sense, Johnstone would be in the same situation as Jon Flatt, both need to play games. I see Chris Kirkland is looking for a club after leaving Sheff Wednesday.

He is being heavily linked with Rotherham from what I read in the paper. For the younger readers, the paper is like the internet except it takes slightly longer to get the lies into circulation.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 2m2 minutes ago
Spoke to Kenny Jackett earlier and he played down interest in Adam le Fondre. Goalkeeper and a forward seem to be priorities in coming weeks

Not a left mid?

Can't be going into the season with Jacobs and Rowe as our only senior options there surely?

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 33s33 seconds ago
Jackett on transfers: "Would I like to add? Yes. But they have to be key players. It’s got to be a player that takes us forward." #

Not a left mid?

Can't be going into the season with Jacobs and Rowe as our only senior options there surely?

I don't think KJ has said Keeper and forward, just that Tim Mk2 is adding his opinion.

van la Parre and Wallace are likely to compete for that berth too.

Not a left mid?

RVLP left and Henry right...Not forgetting the young lad...whats his name :icon_lol:

RVLP left and Henry right...Not forgetting the young lad...whats his name :icon_lol:

I'm not Van La Parra's biggest fan full stop but we couldn't put him on the left. If he's good at one thing it's beating people on the outside (before invariably spannering the cross), he wouldn't be able to do that on the wrong side as he has no left foot. Think how much worse Jarvis looked on the right as opposed to the left and multiply it by a thousand.

Has Tim Spiers asked Kenny Jackett which positions he will use Wallace and Jacobs this season, or is that wait and see?

KJ has said Wallace "can" play out wide (rather than he will)

KJ has said Wallace "can" play out wide (rather than he will)

At Pompey, he did play some games in central midfield and some on the right. He's best off as a number ten and that's where he predominantly played last season and scored 17 goals. I don't think he's played any football to speak of on the left hand side.

That's what Edwards has done for us for the last seven and a half years (without the scoring 17 goals in a season bit), you wouldn't park him on the left wing and I don't expect us to put Wallace there.

We are going narrow I reckon. Formation change to 4-2-1-3 and don't try and replace Sako.

I'm not Van La Parra's biggest fan full stop but we couldn't put him on the left. If he's good at one thing it's beating people on the outside (before invariably spannering the cross), he wouldn't be able to do that on the wrong side as he has no left foot. Think how much worse Jarvis looked on the right as opposed to the left and multiply it by a thousand.

I think last season was a settling in season for VLP. I agree his best side is on the right and the youngster I was thinking of was Jordan Graham

I think last season was a settling in season for VLP. I agree his best side is on the right and the youngster I was thinking of was Jordan Graham

I wish I had as much faith in VLP, I expect Jordan Graham to overtake him in the Wolves pecking order next season.

after reading that, it would appear that only the lure of additional money would have persuaded his decision, especially as he'd already concluded talks with them.
let's give those sheepshaggers a right thrashing when we play them and show him the error of his ways.

He's awful anyway. I wouldn't want him in Wolverhampton Casuals' team.

Back