• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I don't think it's any secret that Wolves fans can come across slightly condescending when discussing the stadium, training facilities, history, fan base etc with other fans.

It's easy to forget that our players (with the odd exception like Mr. Batth) are not Wolves supporters like ourselves, and it's not always as cut and dry to a player that Wolves is the best option.

If he thinks Fulham are a huge club he can $#@! of there then, Fulham are a 2 bit tinpot club with a $#@!e ground.

obviously does not want to stay at a huge club
[emoji3]

Beat me to it :icon_lol:

I can't even work out if he's being serious, but if he is, case and point.

so how did that website, allow a wolves fan? and his post, to last more than 10 seconds on their site when he was happily threatening violence?

It's all bollocks until K mac is holding the fulham shirt.

Don't see an issue with the article, lets face it we can be dicks! If you did it as years in the prem and recent European success we have no answer for who is the biggest club of the last 20 years if that's what you want to base it on. Not saying people do. But my point of view as a 32 year old is that Wolves are a championship club that briefly were in the prem. We've done fuck all in either cup since 1999?

Within our current peers in the Championship, it would be VERY easy to make a case for Forest, Derby, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday being bigger clubs.

I think including us, those 5 are pretty much on a level with Leeds and Forest edging ahead of the pack IMO.

Fulham can do one if they're accusing us of being arrogant though, I've had a severe disliking for them ever since the game where Zamora picked up an injury (the week after Henry vs Newcastle IIRC). The superior attitude of their fans really grates on me. I really enjoyed watching their fans bail on their club last season when everything started to go wrong and I look forward to seeing them go the same way of Wigan in the next season or two.

Wednesday Internet Rumour - Wolves have bid £1.75m for Barnet striker, John Akinde!

£1.75m. Such a shame they wasted that rumour with the supposed fee

Scored a lot of goals last season. Supposed they thought they could run with it because Gray went to Brentford last summer for a decent fee.

Scored a lot of goals last season. Supposed they thought they could run with it because Gray went to Brentford last summer for a decent fee.

Gray had a greater level of class than most in the Conference - saw him play v Woking a year earlier. You could tell that he had more than the average 'good' striker at that level.

Akinde - no idea - never seen him play.
/

Gray had a greater level of class than most in the Conference - saw him play v Woking last year. You could tell that he had more than the average 'good' striker at that level.

Akinde - no idea - never seen him play.
/

I agree and I thought he was really good against us last season, even if he does lack the end product.

Akinde is 26 whereas Gray was 23 at this point last summer.

I know Akinde was at Bristol City and was horrific. They bought him off Ebbsfleet when they were in their real life Football Manager phase and the "owners" all had to vote on whether to sell him or not.

Gray's alright, bit hit and miss with his finishing though, his wastefulness cost them a win vs Derby near the end of the season. Not sure when we released him and who we had on the books at the time.

I know Akinde was at Bristol City and was horrific. They bought him off Ebbsfleet when they were in their real life Football Manager phase and the "owners" all had to vote on whether to sell him or not.

Gray's alright, bit hit and miss with his finishing though, his wastefulness cost them a win vs Derby near the end of the season. Not sure when we released him and who we had on the books at the time.

We appear to have had him on the books till 2004 (aged 13) then presumably released (went to Shrewsbury)

Played a few games for them then dropped into the Conference for a number of years before Brentford picked him up last year.

Saw him play for Luton v Woking & you could tell he was better than Conference standard

I didn't realise we released him so young. The way he was talked about I thought we let him go at 16

I heard he got stabbed when out in Wolves and wanted to get out of the area

If we want to remember he played most of the horrendous FA Cup game v Luton in Jan 14

Telford United keeper James Montgomery (son of Sunderland legend Jim Montgomery) training with Wolves according to Nashy

Back