• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Kenny Jacket wont be involved in how much the players are on, he's the head coach not the manager. It'll be Thelwell and Moxey.

He will tell the board how valuable someone is, the board won't arbitrarily decide themselves.

Well if Kenny decides he isn't worth a decent pay rise in line with the other regular first teamers then it's probably best he moves on.

If I was McDonald I wouldn't stand for that sort of valuation from the manager. Other than Sako was, he's our most creative player. If Kenny thinks he could easily replace him then fine. He's on a hiding to nothing if he doesn't though.

He will tell the board how valuable someone is, the board won't arbitrarily decide themselves.

They're not arbitrarily deciding it themselves, they've got Thelwell to do that for them. He's the Head of Football Development & Recruitment, not just some glorified Head Scout.

I don't deny that he's making himself look a cock by talking to Sky but his reasoning behind rejecting the first contract seems sound to me.

It does not and never will excuse the way he's gone about it.

They're not arbitrarily deciding it themselves, they've got Thelwell to do that for them. He's the Head of Football Development & Recruitment, not just some glorified Head Scout.

Jackett has a lot more clout than Thelwell, 100%.

It does not and never will excuse the way he's gone about it.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the previous negotiations it's difficult to say if he's really over stepped the mark, if he genuinely thinks he's getting low balled by the club then why not try and let the fanbase know the situation, although you'd probably come across a bit more keen on staying than he sounded if that was your intention.

I do love seeing how people react in these sort of situations because so much of what happens is behind closed doors that it leaves massive grey areas in trying to figure out how or why the situation has got to this point but people still tend to stick firmly in favour of one side or the other.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the previous negotiations it's difficult to say if he's really over stepped the mark, if he genuinely thinks he's getting low balled by the club then why not try and let the fanbase know the situation, although you'd probably come across a bit more keen on staying than he sounded if that was your intention.

I do love seeing how people react in these sort of situations because so much of what happens is behind closed doors that it leaves massive grey areas in trying to figure out how or why the situation has got to this point but people still tend to stick firmly in favour of one side or the other.

There is absolutely no justification for speaking out via the media in that way. It's wholly disrespectful towards the club - fans and staff alike. He's under contract here, he abides by the rules set out by his employers. If he's fucked off with the contract offer, he should be sorting it out in house with the club and his agent, not go crying to the press and pissing people off.

Fulham made two bids, were you told about the offers by the club?

No, I never really got told by the club, which is not the best. I thought someone from the club would come and say something to me, but I don’t think the manager knew about the bids either. When I spoke to him he didn’t really seem like he knew too much about it. But yes, two bids got put in and were rejected.

I think the extent of Kenny Jackett's involvement in this is telling Thelwell/Moxey that McDonald is a key player and that he wants to keep him. It's then up to Thelwell to support his decision and get it sorted so Kenny can focus on what he really should be doing. Coaching the first team.

There is absolutely no justification for speaking out via the media in that way. It's wholly disrespectful towards the club - fans and staff alike. He's under contract here, he abides by the rules set out by his employers. If he's fucked off with the contract offer, he should be sorting it out in house with the club and his agent, not go crying to the press and pissing people off.

What if the club have been disrespectful to him beforehand?

He could have been made all number of promises about a contract offer and then been let down by the club, he could've tried every possible internal avenue, Jackett, Thelwell, Gallen whoever he can get to listen to him but with no result. Is he meant to just slink off back to the changing rooms and accept whatever they throw at him next time round of try and let the fans know what is going on? There are just too many unknowns in this type of situation to state whether either party is in the right or wrong, no-one knows the all important details that have lead to this point.

Lycan's right. Jackett can say he believes in a wage structure but if the board, Moxey and Thelwell change it then he either goes with it or fucks off.

Thelwell and Moxey have set this structure in conjunction with Jackett as they were there before KJ. Jackett will of course say how he values a player. And if proved wrong he pays for it with his job (KJ), that is the unfortunate that Thelwell and Moxey can hide behind.

I agree with Mark.

Plus no-one is debating he's a prat for going through the media.

He's been watching too much news about the Greek negotiations. It's just brinkmanship however you look at it.

If I want a raise and think it's out of the question, cue a few weeks of a brown nose. If i think i've more then got the upper hand, cue a week or two of tantrums which will never be well thought out.

It's poker, although like Europe vs Greece, in a football club, K Mac is not the banker.

As a side note, I'm amazed at how many people, not especially on here (although there are a few) but from other social media outlets and Wolves pages, that seem absolutely fine with the possibility of K-Mac leaving.

For me, he's the most important midfielder at the club. Hands down.

Most fans are only motivated by players that want to play for Wolves.

Where has he said that he doesn't want to play for Wolves?

He hasn't obviously but his tardiness regarding signing an extension doesn't fill anyone with optimism.

Tardiness FFS.

So anyone who rejects a contract, no matter how low, doesn't want to play for us?

We'll see, more than happy to accept an "I told you so".

McDonald is decent.
However, if we can upgrade on him, then I would do. I said that before this story broke.

His ability to find space, retain possession (esp under pressure) and find a pass isn't in question. He's great at these things.

However, his tackling is poor, he, like Henry, is unfortunately too slow, and his goals scored column is phenomenally lacking.
I'm not sure he would've made my top 3 players in our team last year. Yes he has some strong points, but I'd have been looking to upgrade on him anyway.

Well, if KMac goes to Fulham he now has Jamie O'Hara waiting to partner him in CM

Back