• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

All that said, he's replaceable. Just let him go - that's football. Sometimes we benefit from it, sometimes we lose out.

He's 'replaceable' yet you were one of the 9% on the forum who thought he was Player of the Season? http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28016-TWF-Player-of-the-Season-14-15

Some of the revisionism on here over the past day regarding McDonald has been hilarious. He's one of our best players and we should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him at the club.

As I said before, he's vital. He has really pissed me off with this but we would find it VERY hard to replace him.

He's 'replaceable' yet you were one of the 9% on the forum who thought he was Player of the Season? http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28016-TWF-Player-of-the-Season-14-15

Some of the revisionism on here over the past day regarding McDonald has been hilarious. He's one of our best players and we should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him at the club.

I don't think many people (if any) are saying he's not a key player, just that people are disappointed in the manner of his strop.

Could well be that we're not offering enough - but you don't go off on one in the media and that's what's annoyed me so much. And it's shown a side to the player that we've not seen before.

I hope KJ has given him a reducing behind the scenes and away from the media glare.

I don't think many people (if any) are saying he's not a key player, just that people are disappointed in the manner of his strop.

Could well be that we're not offering enough - but you don't go off on one in the media and that's what's annoyed me so much. And it's shown a side to the player that we've not seen before.

I hope KJ has given him a reducing behind the scenes and away from the media glare.

Maybe not seen it at Wolves before but very much in line with the guy who stropped off down the pub after being subbed off at half time for Burnley.

Also, when we were in talks with him didn't he not play that weekend for Sheffield United?

I'm sure KJ's private response was different to his public one and rightly so. Shame McDonald didn't act with the same dignity

KJ had no alternative to his response.

Wolves are a club that do not do their washing in Public, dirty or not, and he has follow the company line. Frankly i think K Mac will get a right round of fucks for that interview from the players, and there ain't nothing more powerful than that.

Being very good, doesn't make one irreplaceable. Finding somebody to do what he does is easier than finding somebody to do what Sako does, despite the fact I value Kevin's influence as the greater. I don't watch anywhere near enough championship football to suggest a replacement, but it won't be too hard to find somebody to do a similar job.

I don't think a Club should ever 'fight tooth and nail' to keep anyone, they should be offered decent contract extension and if it proves to be not matching their agents perceived worth they can fuck off.

Indeed Trev and if the club were being miserly then Dicko wouldn't have signed.

Being very good, doesn't make one irreplaceable. Finding somebody to do what he does is easier than finding somebody to do what Sako does, despite the fact I value Kevin's influence as the greater. I don't watch anywhere near enough championship football to suggest a replacement, but it won't be too hard to find somebody to do a similar job.

Well I can't think of anyone as good as him who'd be a realistic target. Take McDonald and Sako out of our team and we're basically Blackburn. An mid table straight up 4-4-2 championship team with two good strikers (Danny Batth stars as Grant Hanley, James Henry as Craig Conway and Rajiv van La Parra as Ben Marshall).

McDonald is a difference maker and if we lose him we're basically going to have to spend big just to stay level in a summer when we should be looking to build a side to win promotion automatically.

McDonald is probably a lot further away from the senior pros wages than Dicko was though. I'd imagine he wants to be closer to the likes of Stearman and Edwards given that he's just as valuable to the team.

He's still a twat for doing it in public though.

They could have offered Dicko a much better deal than what's on the table for McDonald though.

If Dicko really were being offered terms that were totally out of the range that McDonald has been offered, then that would be down to the manager and his judgement on who offers more value. Moxey or Morgan wouldn't be making that call. If Ken thinks that McDonald isn't worth more than the "basic increase" then so be it.

Indeed Trev and if the club were being miserly then Dicko wouldn't have signed.

Well they clearly have been in this case. I don't think McDonald is asking them to go out and shatter our wage structure to keep him, just for his pay to reflect his position as one of the top 3 players in the squad. I don't deny that he's making himself look a cock by talking to Sky but his reasoning behind rejecting the first contract seems sound to me.

Kenny Jacket wont be involved in how much the players are on, he's the head coach not the manager. It'll be Thelwell and Moxey.

If Dicko really were being offered terms that were totally out of the range that McDonald has been offered, then that would be down to the manager and his judgement on who offers more value. Moxey or Morgan wouldn't be making that call. If Ken thinks that McDonald isn't worth more than the "basic increase" then so be it.

This is what a lot of people don't get. The wage structure is very much a KJ belief and he will be having talks regularly with Thelwell and Moxey before they go into negotiations. Morgan is not heavily involved at all on the football side.

Back