• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I'd also question the character of someone who seemingly created a Youtube account just to upload a highlights video of himself playing reserve/youth team football.

The albion have video available for the parents of kids in their under 10s

I think other parties within clubs do those seasonal videos, each club has staff compiling different analysis. He looks to me like a player who requires loads of work on his final ball into the box and his shooting.

He looks to have some ability, as you say end product is pretty non-existant at the moment, plenty of physical attributes to work with though and seems to have plenty in his locker to beat an opponent 1 on 1. All a bit fancy Dan with nothing to back it up at the moment though.

Uploaded by the club or the players themselves?

Looks to me like it's a personal account, created in May with the only upload being his highlights video 2 months ago. Suppose it could be someone else using his name but looks very self promotional to me.

Southampton have cameras everywhere at their training ground, and footage of every session and game that goes back to their files so they can look back at everything.

Southampton have cameras everywhere at their training ground, and footage of every session and game that goes back to their files so they can look back at everything.

I bet the youth coaches who released Tyrone Mings at Southampton have deleted all his footage. I wonder if they had an inquiry into that one.

I'm sure they'll get over it having produced an infinitely better player in Shaw.

Yeah I was thinking that. Probably knew they had him coming through though he is a couple of years younger.

There's no way McDonald will end up at Fulham, he'll sign a new deal here. My issue is why aren't we making him one of the highest players at the club with the first offer? There would be no need for any of this mess if we'd have paid him what he's worth. At 26 he's a senior player at the club, he's played almost every minute since he first signed and was voted POTS by both fans and players two seasons ago. By rights he should be in the top pay bracket at Wolves. Why are we offering him any less?

He'll get the deal from us that he wants in the end so why fuck around?

This doesn't sit quite right with me, to be honest. Even if he does sign a new contract, he'll be playing every game under a black cloud after that interview & as soon as he misplaces a pass or goes through an extended run of poor form, the fans will be all over him.

Honestly, when I was reading it last night I was literally shaking my head. How can footballers be so stupid/misinformed in this day and age?

This doesn't sit quite right with me, to be honest. Even if he does sign a new contract, he'll be playing every game under a black cloud after that interview & as soon as he misplaces a pass or goes through an extended run of poor form, the fans will be all over him.

Honestly, when I was reading it last night I was literally shaking my head. How can footballers be so stupid/misinformed in this day and age?

His agent will have put him in touch with a Sky journo and told him everything to say. McDonald doesn't seem like the brightest spark in the fire either, if his agent says 'do this and you'll get a better deal' he's not going to question it.

His agent will have put him in touch with a Sky journo and told him everything to say. McDonald doesn't seem like the brightest spark in the fire either, if his agent says 'do this and you'll get a better deal' he's not going to question it.

Then he's a fucking idiot and will have to take the bollocking he's due from the club on the chin.

Whether or not he should be one of the highest earners at the club or not is totally irrelevant - you simply do not act the prick and use the media as a bargaining tool, pissing off management and fans of the club who employ you.

Totally inexcusable from McDonald.

I sincerely hope we don't sell him because although he's not totally irreplaceable, he's certainly one of the first names on the team sheet IMO. But there are ways and means to conduct this kind of business - he's gone about it in the totally wrong way which gives a nasty familiarity of 3 years ago.

From a management POV KMac has made a complete cock-up. Langers has it spot on and there are a few companies where he'd be in clearing his desk this morning.

That interview was really bad - as Jinky suggests, whatever happens now the relationship is soured.

From a footballing angle, I'm probably less of a fan than most people. Yes, there were a lot of passes, but a large proportion were 5 yards passes in front of the back four. Defensively he costs us some goals (Ipswich away springs to mind) and I often thought he was guilty of slowing the tempo too much.

Incase you missed it late last night.

Expect Michael Jacobs to be sold soon. I think the destination is Wigan, not sure when it'll go through but the deal is happening I've been told.

Incase you missed it late last night.

Expect Michael Jacobs to be sold soon. I think the destination is Wigan, not sure when it'll go through but the deal is happening I've been told.

On one hand not surprising given he only started four games last season, on the other we don't have a single left winger at the club with senior experience at the moment, he is the best fit of what we have and Ken said he was giving him a go last week (and he is going to France).

Maybe we have someone lined up.

KMac not talking to the press today. Will Kenny Jackett?

Zele will be going out on loan with the aim of returning to Wolves fit at the end of the season. Last chance for him, another injury that keeps him out for 3 or 4 months and he will be gone next summer.

Not keen on us giving players a one year extension then loaning them out, seems counter-intuitive to me. Looks like we will do the same with McAlinden given he isn't in France.

Back