• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

This thread is as bad as Twitter.... Carry on abusing one of ower own then.
Depends who you read on Twitter. Pretty much 50/50 split on Kev is a money grabbing noob or Wolves are penny pinching cuntholes.

I don't think anyone is "abusing" him, but it (the interview) doesn't read well, does it?

The same sentiment ("I want more cash") would have come off much better if he'd made it sound like he wanted the extra cash but also wanted that cash to come from Wolves.

What he actually did makes him sound like Joffrey fucking Baratheon.

Astonished by the volume of 'give KM whatever he asks for' comments on social media.

How about no?!

Me too mate. People automatically assuming the club is penny pinching rather than thinking perhaps McDonald is a greedy money obsessed twat who thinks he is better than he is

Astonished by the volume of 'give KM whatever he asks for' comments on social media.

How about no?!
Give him what he is worth would be my view. Make it the market rate for a first team midfielder in a top 6 Championship team. If Fulham can offer him more and money is his driving factor then so be it. We shouldn't break the bank, but should pay the going rate. This interview is that of a player looking to get out though and I fully expect he will.

How about no?!

Do we know if he wants to be brought into line with say Afobe and Dicko who are possibly the top bracket of wages, or he's angling to be the top earner at Wolves. If its the latter then things could turn against him..

If that report is accurate then he's done himself no favours - the Wolves Exec don't bend to external pressure like this & he won't win friends amongst the supporters with this approach.
As said on here many times - he's good, but not irreplaceable.

The same sentiment ("I want more cash") would have come off much better if he'd made it sound like he wanted the extra cash but also wanted that cash to come from Wolves.

What he actually did makes him sound like Joffrey fucking Baratheon.
He does say that though. But backs it up that if Wolves aren't prepared to pay it he will go to Fulham who will.

I don't mind him leveraging the Fulham interest to get a better deal, hell, anyone in his situation would.

Just don't go crying off to SkySports pleading poverty. Do it behind doors FFS.

Give him what he is worth would be my view. Make it the market rate for a first team midfielder in a top 6 Championship team. If Fulham can offer him more and money is his driving factor then so be it. We shouldn't break the bank, but should pay the going rate. This interview is that of a player looking to get out though and I fully expect he will.

Maybe we are offering the 'going rate' for a top 6 midfielder, but that Fulham are throwing money out the window again. If that's the only thing that drives him then he will go for that rather than a chance of promotion.

(My signature is reality for this season)

At least we now know that a contract has been offered from Wolves. I don't think we're going to be that far apart from what he wants.. It'll all be sweetness and light when they return.

On the other hand he may not actually give a toss about going to Fulham, but it's his bargaining chip to get more wonga. I would say it was risky to do the article, but what would i know after what we've dome here in the last week or so.

To Parkin:
In which case bye bye Kev. I won't be bitter but as good a passer and controller of a games tempo he is, he can't tackle and can't shoot and doesn't suit the 442 I think Kenny wants to play next year. I would rather he stayed as replacing will not be easy as he also has a great throughball on him and linked very well with Afobe, but he's not the player he (or Fulham) thinks he is.

#headsgone

He's admitted he was offered a raise but that isn't enough. The club have gone to great lengths to do things behind closed doors with undisclosed fee's and negotiating professionally and only announcing at a conclusion so this interview is massively going against the grain of the entire club.

Fulham skewed the market last year paying out for McCormack and we all know they have parachute money, take em to the cleaners Jez.

Bemused as to why going public gets him a better deal from Wolves.

History shows that that is not the way they (or Jez Moxey) work!

Well hes doesnt really come out of that interview very well.
Would have thought the difference in what Fulham would offer him would be swallowed up living in London?

"At the end of the day when you are coming into the last year you have to weigh up all your options"
How about "no im contracted (and fucking agreed to that contract) for one more year so id better work mi bollocks off
to either better that contract or i might need to find another club"

Some players need a fucking reality check.

Expect Michael Jacobs to be sold soon. I think the destination is Wigan, not sure when it'll go through but the deal is happening I've been told.

I'm kind of with McDonald on this one. He joined us from Sheffield United when we were in League 1 so he wont be on massive wages and since then he's been a virtual mainstay of the team. He's more than proven himself and at 26 deserves to be grouped in with the likes of Stearman & Sako as one of the highest paid players at the club.

If we piss about offering him less than he's worth and end up losing him then I'll be furious. We've already lost Sako, we can't afford to lose another creative midfielder, look how many assists they provided between them last year!

I wish he hadn't gone to Sky to moan about it like a little bitch but I suppose he's just going to do anything his agent tells him to at this stage. Perhaps a little bit more consideration for the fans you're dragging through this next time Kev?

Thelwell. Moxey. Get your fucking finger out and sign him up.

Difficult to really judge McDonald on this without knowing what Wolves' offer was like.

He's just seen Dicko and Price get new deals, he's been at least as important as the first and far more so than the latter over the past 2 seasons. If his new deal isn't as rewarding as what those two have received then he's every right to feel aggrieved.

The public way of doing it comes across a little churlish but perhaps he's already tried to work that angle behind closed doors to no avail. Trying to cash in on fan power or the threat of a rival bid seems a bit desperate rather than your first port of call in negotiation.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Back