• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I'm very confident we won't come out of this with a bad deal at all.

Macca is wrong to come out publically, however I bet he's not wanting the earth and I feel Wolves should offer him a very good deal. He's possibly the most important part of the cog at Wolves and should be paid the correct wage.

He's on good money now. Like all our players.

He isn't. Afobe and Dicko are the prized assets. He's a very good player for this level no doubt and we'd miss him but if he's acting the cock, he can toddle along and play for that 'massive club'.

If the offer is good enough and he really wants to go then get rid, he is a decent player at this level but pretty much a one trick pony, if we go up we will definately need to upgrade anyway. If the transfer talk is all bull$#@! (which I suspect) then happy to see him here for next season, especially if Coady/Price can do his donkey work
This sums up my view. I said a week or so ago that I thought there was something in this because teams don't make second bids slightly above the first if the player/club/agent haven't given some sort of encouragement. I'd like McDonald to stay, I hope he signs a new contract, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will put his head down in the last year of his contract in the Sako manner. IF he doesn't want to be here got rid and seek to improve.

He isn't. Afobe and Dicko are the prized assets. He's a very good player for this level no doubt and we'd miss him but if he's acting the cock, he can toddle along and play for that 'massive club'.

With respect Afobe and Dicko cant magic shit up by themselves...

I posted the above before reading the Sky link. It's all about the money for Kev, I won't judge him on that as I don't know the difference between what we will pay and what they will. He deserves the contract of a decent Top 10 Championship midfielder (12kish a week). I hope we offer that to him, but if he can get more elsewhere good luck. As I said before for Kev it's all about the money....which is what Sheffield United fans were saying 2 years ago

That's so disappointing. If he wants to leave fuck him. KJ will not like this one bit

I posted the above before reading the Sky link. It's all about the money for Kev, I won't judge him on that as I don't know the difference between what we will pay and what they will. He deserves the contract of a decent Top 10 Championship midfielder (12kish a week). I hope we offer that to him, but if he can get more elsewhere good luck. As I said before for Kev it's all about the money....which is what Sheffield United fans were saying 2 years ago
Welcome to the modern era.... Put away you laced ball and come and join us in 2015..

Sounds like a money grabbing cunt.

Fucking disappointing from a player I have loved watching these last two seasons.

Go and join the 'massive' club that is Fulham

With respect Afobe and Dicko cant magic shit up by themselves...
With respect to Kev, he may think he is worth more than the club's current offer but what you don't do is a very public pay up or I fuck off. We have just come out of a period where ego's and players thinking they are bigger and better and it royally fucked us up. I love Kev but there are ways to do things but this is not one of them.

Welcome to the modern era.... Put away you laced ball and come and join us in 2015..
Not sure that is particularly necessary given I think you will find if you go back on this thread I was the ONLY one who said I thought the Fulham rumour had substance before today. He's decent, I'd like to keep him but not the end of the world if he goes, but I wouldn't loan out Evans if he's off.

In a week's time when they return to England, he'll be sitting on a new contract and we can carry on singing 'Here' too you Kevin McDonald Barclays love you more then you could Knoooooooowwwwwwww'

Have a feeling KJ doesn't put up with much crap and will want this sorted quickly, whatever happens this is far from ideal preperation. At least it's now and not 4-5 weeks time.

In a week's time when they return to England, he'll be sitting on a new contract and we can carry on singing 'Here' too you Kevin McDonald Barclays love you more then you could Knoooooooowwwwwwww'
If that happens his first 2 weeks wages will be given back in fines. Big no go discussing contracts in public.

Goes down a notch in my estimation with this.

He's good, but he's not Carling!

I don't think McDonald is indispensable insofar as there are midfielders out there who can do things he can't, but equally I don't know how many midfielders there are that can play the passes he can (his assist to Afobe in a losing effort against someone last season [picked up the ball, turned, slid it from probably 40 yards out right to Afobe's feet in stride in the penalty area] springs to mind).

Well we all loved Sako even after his public strops about not moving to Nottingham Forest the day before a game..

Back