• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

He's not going anywhere but I disagree that he isn't a hugely important player for us (none of them are 'indispensable'). Struggle to see where we'd find that sort of creativity from central midfield if McDonald left without spending big.

Im semi impressed with him..some games he is very good and passes good..but other games i have seen he picks up the ball very deep in front of our back four and is too slow and loses it..i think i would rather keep him this year anyway, we dont have that depth in our squad now anyway

I thought he was fantastic last season. Player of the season for me. I lost count of the times I thought he was MOTM and ran the midfield.

He is a good, creative passer of the ball i will give you that

I thought he was fantastic last season. Player of the season for me. I lost count of the times I thought he was MOTM and ran the midfield.

Seriously, I saw every home game bar Brentford and he wasn't MOTM in any of them.

He did have a poor spell before Xmas but the whole team did and he was saddled with Rowe, Saville and Edwards as midfield partners. Either side of that run when he was paired with Evans and then Price, he looked superb. His shooting is abysmal though, I'll give DW that.

I don't think he was that good last season. If Fulham were coughing up £4m+ (which would be way overpriced) we could use that to buy better.

He's a lovely footballer but let's not kid ourselves - he is a central midfielder who can't run, tackle or shoot. He isn't exactly the new Bryan Robson.

I tend to agree. He was great in League 1, but nowhere near that level last season. He gives me the impression that he would go in a sulk if he doesn't get his own way.

Middlesbrough at home on the Tuesday night he was outstanding.

Dicko MOTM that night by a mile.

That Brentford game, Kmac put in the best midfield display ive seen down the Wolves since 1979 :icon_wink:

If it wasn't comparable to Steve Corica vs Man City in December 1996 then I'm not interested.

Now there was a tease of a performance. Never did it before that, never did it afterwards.

KMac has been good for us for the last 2 years, but put enough on the table & I wouldn't be upset - there's time & money to replace.

(Though the amounts being reported so far are derisory & won't be considered)

Dicko MOTM that night by a mile.

Looking back at the verdict thread I gave Evans MOTM (as did you :surrendered:). I'd forgotten how good he looked in the first half of last season.

Seriously, I saw every home game bar Brentford and he wasn't MOTM in any of them.
Not for me.

You gave Dicko MOTM a few times I didn't IIRC. Different strokes for different folks.

Looking back at the verdict thread I gave Evans MOTM (as did you :surrendered:). I'd forgotten how good he looked in the first half of last season.

Did I? :icon_lol:

That's writing a verdict in the immediate aftermath for you. I did bloody love Evans though, up to the Blues game. He massively overshadowed McDonald in that period.

Evans definitely outshone McDonald in the early part of the season.

I don't think he was that good last season. If Fulham were coughing up £4m+ (which would be way overpriced) we could use that to buy better.

He's a lovely footballer but let's not kid ourselves - he is a central midfielder who can't run, tackle or shoot. He isn't exactly the new Bryan Robson.

They're not though are they (allegedly only £1-1.25m), but you're right that you'd need £4m+ to get better.
He covers miles during a game and is deceptively quick, which enables him to run opponents down and take the ball off them.
He nearly scored what would have been the goal of the season, although I agree he mostly tries to pass the ball into the net, which doesn't usually work. That's something he needs to work on.
His creativity is paramount at the moment and its a good job he is so fit he is always available, even after being targeted by the opposition.
He is no Bryan Robson, but not many are.

Evans was top class Leeds away the Saturday after Boro as well, one of the few Wolves players to come out of that with any credit apart from Leon bloody Clarke.

Evans was top class Leeds away the Saturday after Boro as well, one of the few Wolves players to come out of that with any credit apart from Leon bloody Clarke.

If we played 46 games a year in Yorkshire, you went to them all and Leon played in all of them, he'd get 46 goals a season. Fact.

I don't think Evans 'outshone him'. McDonald was excellent himself in that period just Evans took people by surprise. McDonald was excellent last season and we'd have to spend a lot to replace him.

Back