• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

And hey, I've just seen my fucking title!

If we played 46 games a year in Yorkshire, you went to them all and Leon played in all of them, he'd get 46 goals a season. Fact.

:icon_lol:

He's probably not had two easier finishes in his life. Both in the 83rd minute as well IIRC.

You're forgetting that I went to Sheffield United away though, when Leon chipped the ball 5 yards clear of the crossbar when one on one with the keeper. Paddy will be able to tell you exactly what I thought of Leon after that abortion of a finish.

My God, that miss.

The goal at Sheff Wed was a superb ball in by McDonald IIRC.

My God, that miss.

The goal at Sheff Wed was a superb ball in by McDonald IIRC.

He played a similar ball into the box vs Cardiff in the last minute. Hudson's goal was a better finish though...

The Wednesday game was almost completely devoid of quality apart from two moments; the cross for the winner and van La Parra's wrongly disallowed goal. If that had counted it would've been a goal of the season contender.

That pitch was a disgrace though. More rutted than Danielle Lloyd.

If the offer is good enough and he really wants to go then get rid, he is a decent player at this level but pretty much a one trick pony, if we go up we will definately need to upgrade anyway. If the transfer talk is all bullshit (which I suspect) then happy to see him here for next season, especially if Coady/Price can do his donkey work

We don't have the wingers to play 4-4-2 at the moment.

---Price---McD---Coady

---Dicko--Afobe---NEW

Could work. That's not Dicko wide right there, we'd play three genuine forwards and if they drift wide then so be it.

Relax, it's just a first bid. 2.5m should be the sweet spot here. I'd take that over having a player that fancies himself somewhere else.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11699/9905440

Coming into the last year of my contract just now, Wolves offered me a contract which didn’t really indicate to me they wanted to keep me, it was just like a basic increase, it wasn’t like they were pushing to keep me, fighting to keep me, that’s the way it felt. That’s gone now. We said we wouldn’t be signing that contract. Negotiations are hopefully going to be ongoing.

Or you could earn a new contract Kev rather than expecting one.

Nothing like a bit of public pressure! KJ won't be loving that at all.

Actually reading the whole thing - he comes across as an entitled knob. You're no Xavi, Kev. Fucking knuckle down and do your job, there were plenty of times you went missing last season.

The more I think about it, the more I'd happily wave him off.

Fulham are a huge club apparently if he seriously thinks that someone needs to give him a slap. Sounds to me like he's just angling for more cash, if he's not committed to club he can do one.

So Fulham are offering more and Wolves won't match. If that's all you're after Kev, jog on.

Can't imagine the club will be happy with that interview at all.

With this news and Sammy from Newcastle going to Cardiff it's going to be fun time for some fans.

I don't see why you would give that interview if you didn't want to leave and while he is an important player if he doesn't really want to be here then he can go.

If Ameobi is nowhere near Molineux then that is party time. Appalling footballer.

He can do one, he hasn't done enough to have the club over a barrel. If money is his main motivation then it's bye Kev

Do we want to keep a player in the squad who could potentially be unhappy and a disruptive influence, for me no. If he wants out for more money then let him go for the right price.
If he thinks he's moving to a bigger club he's deluded and will get a shock when playing in front of about 14k at home and there travelling core of 400 fans at away games.
He's a good player but by no means impossible to replace.

I think Mr Moxey will be calling him into his office tomorrow.

Back