• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Evans going out on loan apparently? Who to?

EDIT: Spiers say he has Championship and League 1 options

Lee Evans club not finalised, has options, will be Champ or L1. KJ says he's still only 20 & rather than be on fringes a loan is best option

He can perform at this level so hopefully it's a Championship club.

MK Dons perhaps?

I'd be okay with Le Fondre but it would kill any debate about a potential change of formation dead. He can only play in a two. If we can get him cheap and have another option lined up as well as him he'd be a good buy. Prolific at this level, shows he still has it with his loan spell at Notlob last season and at 28 should be entering the peak of his career. Afobe, Dicko, Le Fondre and one other striker (who can provide more of an aerial threat than the others) would give us good options over a full season.

A few Rangers fans at work reckoned they had bid for McDonald, made me laugh. Told them it was more likely to be George Saville with the Warburton connection.

Could see Evans rocking up at MK Dons or PNE on loan until Jan. If he can't get in a first XI ahead of Darren Potter or John Welsh then he's got a problem.

Evans loan will be for a full season, a good move for him I think. Hopefully this also shows McDonald isn't going anywhere as he is the midfielder on our books that is closest to him

I'm sure there are plenty of Championship clubs who would take Evans. Fulham tried to get him on loan didn't they last season?

ITK guy on FF saying KMac wants the move and only a fee to be agreed.

Not much of an obstacle then given their derisory offers to date.

We'll tell him tough bollocks unless someone coughs up what we want - which would be way more than he is actually worth.

Moxey has his faults but if Kev goes (I doubt it, ITKs or not) then it'll be for silly money.

I'd be very disappointed if he does want to go. Why on Earth would he even want to go there?

I'd rather live in West London than where I live now tbf (and I like where I live).

He is under contract. What he wants is actually a bit irrelevant unless people pay what we want. See Jarvis, Matt. Fletcher, Steven.

Camara, Henri. He took it to the very limit but look what we still got for him.

Realistically I suggest Ken will tell him he is a Wolves player and that is the end of it.

Camara, Henri. He took it to the very limit but look what we still got for him.

Realistically I suggest Ken will tell him he is a Wolves player and that is the end of it.

Telling him he is a Wolves player is fine. Getting him to perform at 100% for Wolves if he wants to go is another matter

Then he won't get in the team.

I'm relaxed about it, I don't think he'll go and he's far from indispensable.

If he has any ambition can't see why he would see Fulham as a better bet anyway.

Good player, but as DW said not indispensable.

it would be a huge blow to lose him now.

I don't think he was that good last season. If Fulham were coughing up £4m+ (which would be way overpriced) we could use that to buy better.

He's a lovely footballer but let's not kid ourselves - he is a central midfielder who can't run, tackle or shoot. He isn't exactly the new Bryan Robson.

Back