• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I'm kind of with McDonald on this one. He joined us from Sheffield United when we were in League 1 so he wont be on massive wages and since then he's been a virtual mainstay of the team. He's more than proven himself and at 26 deserves to be grouped in with the likes of Stearman & Sako as one of the highest paid players at the club. He signed a deal fully in the knowledge that it would be highly likely we'd get promoted. He knew he wasn't joining a League 1 club. I fail to see why things change now we are back where we are supposed to be.Safe to say he will be on more than he was at Sheff Utd too.

If we piss about offering him less than he's worth and end up losing him then I'll be furious. We've already lost Sako, we can't afford to lose another creative midfielder, look how many assists they provided between them last year!

I wish he hadn't gone to Sky to moan about it like a little bitch but I suppose he's just going to do anything his agent tells him to at this stage. Perhaps a little bit more consideration for the fans you're dragging through this next time Kev? This was highly unprofessional. This type of stuff should be conducted between him and the club in private. The club can reject bids from who they like - they don't have any duty to pass that information on to the player. He's just trying to get his own way through the media like he's Raheem bloody Sterling.

Thelwell. Moxey. Get your $#@!ing finger out and sign him up.

I don't mind him leveraging the Fulham interest to get a better deal, hell, anyone in his situation would.

Just don't go crying off to SkySports pleading poverty. Do it behind doors FFS.

Exactly. That is such a disappointing interview to read. If he thinks he hasn't been offered the contract he deserves then fair enough but don't go and give an interview complaining about it. I'd still like to see the situation resolved with him signing a new contract with us but if he's going to be all stroppy about it and Fulham make a proper bid for him then let him go and lower his ambitions at Fulham for more money.

I'm away at the moment so I'm not following stuff like I would normally.

My Son just told me he's watched the interview on Sky ain't it doesn't come over too well.

The days of players like Bully are long gone, fans have to accept that there's not great deal that should be placed on kissing badges and all that bollocks.

If he wants to go elsewhere so be it and he'll find a place on the ex wolves players thread.

He has disrespected the club by going public. We have made one contract offer and are still in negotiations. SSN 'sources' seemed to know all the details of the Fulham bid that Wolves never supposedly told KMAC about. Despite not being told of this bid he knows he will get more money there, strangely. Fulham have clearly made an illegal approach to his agent to discuss money.

The club need to go public. One - a message to Fulham. Your offers are derisory and will not be entertained unless very substantially increased. To KMAC - the club will not be blackmailed on SSN.

How the club will deal with Fulham will follow how we dealt with Forest over Sako .

They bid, we told them no, we want this much. They bid again, got the same answer and on their 3rd attempt we told them to fook off and did it publicly. We gave the fee we were after, they refused to pay it and expected us to take a much lower offer. Fulham probably have 1 more chance before we tell them no deal whatever you offer.

Also the E&S very slow on this story. They normally jump on shit like this in seconds. Is Tim Mk2 waiting until he has spoken to KJ before doing his take on it or did he just get an early night..

True. Although they have a story about Evans and KJ being dismayed that Boukari can't sprint. All with a picture of a totally unrelated player in the middle of the story.

I'm kind of with McDonald on this one. He joined us from Sheffield United when we were in League 1 so he wont be on massive wages and since then he's been a virtual mainstay of the team. He's more than proven himself and at 26 deserves to be grouped in with the likes of Stearman & Sako as one of the highest paid players at the club.

If we piss about offering him less than he's worth and end up losing him then I'll be furious. We've already lost Sako, we can't afford to lose another creative midfielder, look how many assists they provided between them last year!

I wish he hadn't gone to Sky to moan about it like a little bitch but I suppose he's just going to do anything his agent tells him to at this stage. Perhaps a little bit more consideration for the fans you're dragging through this next time Kev?

Thelwell. Moxey. Get your fucking finger out and sign him up.

Ah, come on, fans love this shit. It's what pre-seasons and the internet were made for.

I can't believe how patient we have been with Boukari, I assume he doesn't want any kind of deal to end his contract early like we did with Mouyokolo? I guess he isn't going to have a host of clubs lined up ready to sign him

There's no way McDonald will end up at Fulham, he'll sign a new deal here. My issue is why aren't we making him one of the highest players at the club with the first offer? There would be no need for any of this mess if we'd have paid him what he's worth. At 26 he's a senior player at the club, he's played almost every minute since he first signed and was voted POTS by both fans and players two seasons ago. By rights he should be in the top pay bracket at Wolves. Why are we offering him any less?

He'll get the deal from us that he wants in the end so why fuck around?

We've also been linked with a move to sign David Henen on loan from Eveeton, along with thee other clubs in the league. Don't know much about him other than they recently signed him from Olympiakos?

I'd quite like us to go for Chris Long, did well at Brentford last season with limited game time

Chris Long going to Burnley I thought?

We've also been linked with a move to sign David Henen on loan from Eveeton, along with thee other clubs in the league. Don't know much about him other than they recently signed him from Olympiakos?

I'd quite like us to go for Chris Long, did well at Brentford last season with limited game time

David Henen.
Left footed, quick and very direct, uses the left hand side of the pitch well and looks comfortable rotating in forward positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMYjBgTkKu4&app=desktop

I'm away at the moment so I'm not following stuff like I would normally.

My Son just told me he's watched the interview on Sky ain't it doesn't come over too well.

The days of players like Bully are long gone, fans have to accept that there's not great deal that should be placed on kissing badges and all that bollocks.

If he wants to go elsewhere so be it and he'll find a place on the ex wolves players thread.

Trev and myself may not agree on everything, but on this I think he has hit the nail on the head. There is very little loyalty nowadays in football.

There's no way McDonald will end up at Fulham, he'll sign a new deal here. My issue is why aren't we making him one of the highest players at the club with the first offer? There would be no need for any of this mess if we'd have paid him what he's worth. At 26 he's a senior player at the club, he's played almost every minute since he first signed and was voted POTS by both fans and players two seasons ago. By rights he should be in the top pay bracket at Wolves. Why are we offering him any less?

He'll get the deal from us that he wants in the end so why fuck around?

If Wolves offer the same loyalty bonus, signing on fee and incentives as they have offered Dicko and he turns it down fair enough he can go. If the club haven't and he now sees Coady as a threat to his position within the first team there are still questions to be answered.

Looks like he favours his right foot in that video.

I'd also question the character of someone who seemingly created a Youtube account just to upload a highlights video of himself playing reserve/youth team football.

I'd also question the character of someone who seemingly created a Youtube account just to upload a highlights video of himself playing reserve/youth team football.

I think other parties within clubs do those seasonal videos, each club has staff compiling different analysis. He looks to me like a player who requires loads of work on his final ball into the box and his shooting.

If Wolves offer the same loyalty bonus, signing on fee and incentives as they have offered Dicko and he turns it down fair enough he can go. If the club haven't and he now sees Coady as a threat to his position within the first team there are still questions to be answered.

True. However you will be unlikely to know which is the case as contract negotiations are supposed to be confidential.

Back