• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Good luck finding a better keeper in this division that won't cost a bomb.

Not keen on us giving players a one year extension then loaning them out, seems counter-intuitive to me. Looks like we will do the same with McAlinden given he isn't in France.

He isn't going to go straight into the 18 and has only had flashes of what he can do. If he goes out on loan, stays fit and starts to show progress he will probably get a 2 year deal. I would say that i highly unlikely right now, I would love him to succeed at Wolves, but I seriously doubt he will. He will get a good career somewhere though.

good player McDonald but limited overall ability - an opposition manager can quickly nullify his contribution.

One minor knee injury on the back of a broken foot does not shout permacrock to me. We have much more important targets than a new first choice keeper.

That's the challenge Nando.. Ikeme is now breaking down at a rate of knots.

A slight injury at the start of pre-season is nothing to worry about. Half our squad is back in Wolvo with the same.

Have a feeling the club are confident that McCarey is going to be ok and won't be rushing out right now to sign a keeper.

One minor knee injury on the back of a broken foot does not shout permacrock to me. We have much more important targets than a new first choice keeper.

Id think Id be slightly worried about the keeper situation, especially on the back of only having two kids as back up. Even McCarey has limited stock and he would have been next in line after the Pole buggered off.

He isn't going to go straight into the 18 and has only had flashes of what he can do. If he goes out on loan, stays fit and starts to show progress he will probably get a 2 year deal. I would say that i highly unlikely right now, I would love him to succeed at Wolves, but I seriously doubt he will. He will get a good career somewhere though.

The thing is - if he isn't getting near the team now then when will he? I mean our current wide options are:

- Henry (too slow)
- Van La Parra (infuriating bastard)
- Jacobs (did nothing last season, possibly off)
- Graham (no appearances for us)
- Boukari (crock)
- Rowe (plodder)
- Edwards (just no)

We did it with Cassidy and surprise surprise, we released him in the end. If we're giving out new deals then surely the player must be in contention for the team, I don't see the point in handing out contracts just so we can loan them back out. Zeli is 21 now, if he isn't ready now then he never will be.

IF K-mac goes, I can see great unrest from a section of the Wolves following.

Sako + K-Mac were two of our most important players last season. K-Mac might not grab the headlines like Dicko, Afobe, Sako - but he does an excellent job in the middle and is a key player in terms of allowing us to play in the way KJ wants us set up.

If the two of them leave (which looks likely), along with niggling injuries to other first team players - I can see some fans losing their patience.

Blame Sam Vokes

We sold him though. Stale obviously didn't think he'd get in the team ahead of SEB, Doyle or Sig. Although what the fuck Frank Nouble was all about is beyond me. I am better than him.

I've always said with him, the biggest failing in his time here was us signing Maierhofer and picking Iwelumo ahead of him in 2009/10. Neither should have happened.

We sold him though.

and thats why Wolves are generally now reluctant to let some younger players go..

Their view is I guess, if they go out and really impress they have a chance with us. If they go and out and fail then we let them go. Cassidy did not a lot in his last 2 loan spells so bye bye. In all likely hood, at this point the loans will not see the end result the club hope for though.

I don't like the idea of season long loans. Evans was a success at the beginning of last season and if he does well at a new club then we should have an option to bring him back in January.

I'm a day late coming to this, but I'm also disappointed with reading that 'disillusioned' shit in the public domain.
These sort of things should be picked up by the chiefs back at the ranch.
I'm sure KJ has a list of people he'll be updating and offering ordinary/improved/terrific new contracts to.
If it's true he's only been offered a 'basic' increase, there'll be a bloody good reason for that.
Kenny likes turning things over and if he feels that Kev isn't in it for the long term, well so be it.
As you know I've not seen him play much so I go off things on here, but whilst his performances are by and large good, occaisionally sublime and occasionally anonymous, that probaly averages out to a 'basic' increase then doesn't it?

Depends what the basic increase is from though. Was he on a very good League One wage, or an average Championship one? I'd want a significant rise on the former given I've proved my worth in a higher division.

All that said, he's replaceable. Just let him go - that's football. Sometimes we benefit from it, sometimes we lose out.

Given how well he played at the start of last season, I think Evans should be given a chance to step up if KMac goes. He has the potential to be a better player anyway.

And while KMac should not have gone to SSN, and KJ will not be happy, it's hard to decide who has unrealistic expectations without knowing the details of the offers.

I think Kenny should reconsider any loan spell for Evans with McDonald's future up in the air..

Back