• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I don't think that we should 'fight tooth and nail' to keep him, although I'm not sure who came up with that phrase in this scenario.
Look at the feckless situation at Liverpool who are embarrasing themselves by trying to keep Sterling. Look at the way they're going about it and still the little prick thinks he's better than he his.
If it's a 'head's gone' situation well, thanks and so long.
But whilst Jackett's response is fairly neutral the message is clear and like Pavlos said, 'We don't do our dirty washing in public', so he's not going to come out with any in your face counter to Kev's petulance.
If it isn't petulance it's a really cack handed attempt to force a better contract out of the club.
Either way, it's poor and well on the way down a slippy slope.

What do we actually know?

1) The club has offered a new contract. The terms of which we have absolutely no clue

2) Fulham have made two bids for the player, and both bids have been rejected. Beyond that, we don't actually know the value of these bids, no matter what ITKs and SSN claim

3) Jackett does not wish to sell KMac to Fulham in this window. Beyond that we don't know what the club's position would be if a considerably larger bid came in

4) The player is not happy with the terms on the table. He didn't call the terms derisory. The only time that term has been used is in the E&S story.

5) The player has acted unprofessionally in washing the dirty laundry in public.

Beyond those points we know nothing. Therefore there are such huge holes in the information it is impossible to criticise the club at the moment. The only criticism that can be levelled is at KMac for the interview. However, a watching and waiting brief might be advisable before everyone gets the pitchforks out.

I wonder if we have grounds for a complaint against Fulham to the football league? Or what would happen if we did?

McDonald is decent.
However, if we can upgrade on him, then I would do. I said that before this story broke.

His ability to find space, retain possession (esp under pressure) and find a pass isn't in question. He's great at these things.

However, his tackling is poor, he, like Henry, is unfortunately too slow, and his goals scored column is phenomenally lacking.
I'm not sure he would've made my top 3 players in our team last year. Yes he has some strong points, but I'd have been looking to upgrade on him anyway.

The only one of the 3 "great" things I agree with is his ability to find a pass, he barely moves to find space and as for retaining possession, I would say thats his worst ability....except maybe his shooting........oh and his tackling, he is way over-rated, the only problem is we don't have an alternative, hopefully KJ can find one before the season starts.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 25m25 minutes ago
Newcastle winger Sammy Ameobi has signed a new deal at the club and gone on loan to Cardiff City.

Newcastle winger Sammy Ameobi has signed a new deal at the club and gone on loan to Cardiff City.

Bullet dodged.

Nailed on to play a blinder against us next season now

As a side note, I'm amazed at how many people, not especially on here (although there are a few) but from other social media outlets and Wolves pages, that seem absolutely fine with the possibility of K-Mac leaving.

For me, he's the most important midfielder at the club. Hands down.

I really rate the guy, and I know it is a different thing, but I also really rated Ricketts, and Jacobs. Jackett does what he wants and seems to care less for fan opinion than anyone else. Personally it seems to be a superb autistic quality that he has, so in short it's not worth caring about as KJ will move on regardless.

I don't think KJ is ever influenced by fans opinions, negative or positive. With Mick I often had that feeling he was being stubborn and playing someone as two fingers up at the fans if they were on that players back, even if they needed to come out of the team. Not necessarily a terrible thing sticking by a player but doesn't help them team results wise always.

World exclusive there: his sister put it on Twitter about 3 days ago

World exclusive there: his sister put it on Twitter about 3 days ago

I guess the loan deal was only finalised last night. You know the Media outlets only like to report the facts and not rumours.....

I have often wondered what the criteria is for a football club to be regarded as big.

I have often wondered what the criteria is for a football club to be regarded as big.

I don't think it's any secret that Wolves fans can come across slightly condescending when discussing the stadium, training facilities, history, fan base etc with other fans.

It's easy to forget that our players (with the odd exception like Mr. Batth) are not Wolves supporters like ourselves, and it's not always as cut and dry to a player that Wolves is the best option.

I don't think it's any secret that Wolves fans can come across slightly condescending when discussing the stadium, training facilities, history, fan base etc with other fans.

It's easy to forget that our players (with the odd exception like Mr. Batth) are not Wolves supporters like ourselves, and it's not always as cut and dry to a player that Wolves is the best option.

Fair comment. I must own up to being one who makes mention our team of the early 70's, which challenged for major honours both domestically and in Europe. And I do feel that Wolves should be in the premier league, but fans of many other championship clubs would feel the same.

If he thinks Fulham are a huge club he can fuck of there then, Fulham are a 2 bit tinpot club with a shite ground.

obviously does not want to stay at a huge club

Back