• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Coady was very good at Molineux. However, we could do with then signing him and announcing it at the same time as a 3-year extension for KMac.

Coady was very good at Molineux. However, we could do with then signing him and announcing it at the same time as a 3-year extension for KMac.

I think that's spot on. It does mean the end for either Rowe or Saville though as they just won't play. It just seems an odd signing*

*if true

I don't think it wouldn't be anywhere near £2m Paddy, as Huddersfield only paid £375k for him last August.

This is the guy who used to be on Liverpool's books and was U20 England captain under Peter Taylor in 2013.
He scored against us at the Mol. last season and really impressed me. He's only 22yrs so has potential. I hope the rumours are true.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/01/derby-cardiff-wolves-chase-huddersfields-coady/?

P.S. I agree with Paddy about giving McDonald a contract extension

He was very highly rated at one point. Didn't have the best season with Sheffield United but sounds like he broke out of his shell a bit last season.

I'd be happy with it.

I think that's spot on. It does mean the end for either Rowe or Saville though as they just won't play. It just seems an odd signing*

*if true

Saville I reckon. The way Huddersfield fans are describing him he sounds like the player KJ thought he was getting last summer when we signed Saville. I'm sure Saville was linked with a Championship club on loan recently but I can't remember who it was.

I wonder if it means us moving to a more Chelsea like system with two deep lying mids (Coady and Price) with a mobile 3 in front of them (we'd need Wallace to be Hazard-esque) and a central striker. Not sure where Afobe and Dicko fit in there.

Or we could end up with a straight 4-3-3 with Afobe, Dicko and VlP more narrow and the full backs providing the width.

We won't sign Brady. That was a tiny rumour, started by E&S I think that they have now included as their "scouring the internet"

We aren't going to get the same goal return from whoever replaces Sako, so all other areas of the team need to contribute more in that respect than they did last season. We currently have no goal threat from central midfield. If we move to 4-4-2 and play McDonald and Coady then I don't see that improving and is he really any better than Price defensively? I wouldn't have said so.

Or we could end up with a straight 4-3-3 with Afobe, Dicko and VlP more narrow and the full backs providing the width.

That was what I was thinking. A midfield 3 of Coady/McDonald/Price/Evans/Rowe with Afobe, Dicko and Rajiv ahead (we'd obviously need to sign back up/improvement on Rajiv for that). Or perhaps a diamond with Rajiv/Wallace/Edwards at the point and McDonald in front of the back 4.

Someone in the PL will sign Brady. Left footed (always goes down well), can play a variety of positions, did pretty well for Hull. I wouldn't expect them to get £15m for him (reality will bite nearer the start of the season if they still have dreck on the wagebill that they can't shift and he wants to go) but someone will take a punt. Maybe Villa.

We aren't going to get the same goal return from whoever replaces Sako, so all other areas of the team need to contribute more in that respect than they did last season. We currently have no goal threat from central midfield. If we move to 4-4-2 and play McDonald and Coady then I don't see that improving and is he really any better than Price defensively? I wouldn't have said so.
I think Coady is more mobile than Price and could play in a 2 whereas I don't think Price is suited to that role. He's more like Henry in the Championship pre promotion for me. I still think McDonald looks more comfortable in a 3 as well, so don't see them as an ideal pairing

Coady is more of an all-rounder than a straight up defensive midfielder like Price.

-----Coady-----KMac-------

-----------Wallace----------

-VLP-----Afobe------Dicko-

That's not meant to be Dicko wide left as it looks but I can see us going with a proper three pronged attack.

I think post-Sako, we are going to play a much narrower 4-3-3 and wingers may now be a thing of the past.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Golbourne

McDonald

Wallace ------ Coady

Rajiv

Afobe -- Dicko​

Something like this?

I'm told Coady passed medical today. So I think the rumours are genuine

I'd rather have Butterfield if we are signing a Huddersfield midfielder!

Back