• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Would be extremely disappointed if we allow K-Mac to move on.

Can't say I'm familiar, but good on us. The science says pretty conclusively that a strong support network around a person increases the chance of getting clean.
Chris Cornes. Got caught, we stuck by him and then he got caught again and sacked. His career quickly vanished. Shame as he looked like he would make it. Got on the bench a couple of times under Hoddle.

Looked the standout player when we got to the Youth Cup semi-final. Wrong attitude though (along with his mate Mr Davies).

There were rumours that Shaun Newton and Nathan Blake enjoyed a bit of recreational usage, we sold Newton to West Ham for 10k which seemed incredibly low, he then failed a test there and banned a year or so later if memory serves. Blake failed his at Leicester, I have a feeling the club got wind of both and got shot sharpish.

Can't say I'm familiar, but good on us. The science says pretty conclusively that a strong support network around a person increases the chance of getting clean.

I sincerely doubt that anyone who chooses to spend his Saturday Nights in the Emerald Club has a serious drug issue, unless McCarey likes to get off his tits whilst watching old people playing bingo in the bar.

I spoke to a few people who know him quite well and drink with him in there, and they all expressed surprise that he was charged as he didn't seem to be "type" to take anything (apart from alcohol).

Anybody in the know, know if we are anywhere near offering Stears and Macca any sort of new contract. You would think this Fulham speculation would accelerate the process..

There were rumours that Shaun Newton and Nathan Blake enjoyed a bit of recreational usage, we sold Newton to West Ham for 10k which seemed incredibly low, he then failed a test there and banned a year or so later if memory serves. Blake failed his at Leicester, I have a feeling the club got wind of both and got shot sharpish.
And before that there were unproven allegations regarding Chris Marsden.

Huddersfield fans reckon we've signed Connor Coady.

Struggling to see what he offers that we don't already have.

Not the box to box midfielder I was hoping for, a slightly more combative version of Jack Price, although not necessarily better. Not a replacement for McDonald should we be needing one.

So this will be the 3rd defensive midfielder we have after Price and Saville?

Seems odd when we have glaring needs in other areas.

Swapping KMac for Coady and being financially down on the deal (say £1.5m in for KMac and £2m out for Coady) would be absolutely awful business. Really can't see it happening.

Think he'd be more of a compliment to McDonald rather than a replacement (we wont be selling him). Seems like the player KJ claimed George Saville was when we signed him. Hard worker, lots of energy, likes a tackle but also decent technically and can score from range. Coady was the player who scored the long range goal against us at Molineux (also scored for us with an own goal away at Huddersfield).

Back