• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Rosler: 'It was a football decision by Chris to come to Leeds. He sees a young team with good players.' #lufc

I don't blame him to be fair. He may not play that much football her, but would guarantee football at Leeds. How long will it take the SB to boo him when he comes to Molineux?

Fulham are a joke shop of a club.

They've set the standard by paying £3-4m for an inferior midfielder in Cairney.

Penny to a pound they're going to end up sacking Symons before Christmas as well, I wouldn't be joining them if I were a player with serious aspirations. Great place to live and all that but they're much more likely to go down than up.

I don't blame him to be fair. He may not play that much football her, but would guarantee football at Leeds. How long will it take the SB to boo him when he comes to Molineux?

In terms of regular football, I agree that he's probably made the right choice.

Fulham are a joke shop of a club.

They've set the standard by paying £3-4m for an inferior midfielder in Cairney.

And they are bidding just over a million for McDonald. Unless its £5m plus then they can plod on.

Wood: it was the biggest move of my career and didn't want to take it lightly..

Wood relishing joining Leeds.. Only club he spoke to, did his research and impressed by what club had to say

1) Do the club pay wages on time - tick
2) Are they offering me more money than I'm on now - tick
3) Will I get to play on the basis that their other forwards are shite - tick
4) Owner banned from English football due to financial irregularities - irrelevant see answer two
5) Shite Squad - irrelevant see answer two.

Tommy K is off to Birmingham on a 2 year deal.

New keeper needed then.

First team football always going to be an issue if he wasn't willing to while away his final couple of years on the bench. Ken clearly prefers Ikeme.

Would have liked to have kept Kuszczak, that said his starting position always tended to be extremely iffy (goals vs Watford being the worst for that) and there were a couple of other howlers as well, Brighton away, Millwall at home.

Thanks God for that.

Never rated him.

Not decisive, could not kick and flapped at corners

Can easily get better IMO

Might see flatt promoted if mccarey gets a ban. Otherwise we probably will need to dip our toes in the market waters.

A quick look at the fulham forums seems to be suggesting that they are more likely than not to succeed in their pursuit of McDonald, with lots of discussion about their midfield and where he'd go. The most recent post about it was;

"Agreed Westcliff, just thinking out aloud about how Wolves may have arrived at a figure [the £3.5 million figure which comes from the Cariney fee; the fact that we're using this as a benchmark has got some thinking that this is the benchmark wolves have set...]

Hopefully McDonald's head is turned, Wolves negotiate and we reach circa £2.375m being halfway between their £3.5m and our £1.25m"

They're having a laugh if they think they're a more appealing club than Wolves. "McDonald's head is turned" ffs. Maybe in the way you turn your head when you drive by a traffic accident.

Fulham have little previous experience of negotiating with us. I refer them to the fees we got for players like Jarvis and Fletcher. £5m or no dice.

Fulham fans also have a highly inflated opinion of themselves. Strange for the 3rd best team in west London.

Might see flatt promoted if mccarey gets a ban. Otherwise we probably will need to dip our toes in the market waters.

I think we'll go with Flatt. KJ really rates him, plus if you need to loan a keeper later in the season it is the easiest transfer any club ever has to make. Tons of competent enough third choices elsewhere that can come in and do a short term job.

Bunn (first name escapes me) available on a free. Reliable back up keeper at this level, I'd like us to go for him.

Fulham fans also have a highly inflated opinion of themselves. Strange for the 3rd best team in west London.

There are a load of Fulham fans in the States (thanks to McBride and Dempsey, mostly) and they are largely insufferable. Watching them squirm last season was the finest schadenfreude.

Bunn (first name escapes me) available on a free. Reliable back up keeper at this level, I'd like us to go for him.

Mark Bunn? He was okay for Blackburn in the Prem IIRC.

We don't want to sell McDonald, esp.to another Championship team, he's too important to us.

He's our 'midfield maestro', the 'Wolves Pirlo'. ;)

Back