• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Shame as I like Zele but he breaks down way to easily and each injury seems to be 4 month min time out. Seriously damaging his progression with us. The last 2 seasons his has been doing great on his loan deals but got crocked and ended his season

Kightly managed to do pretty well having never played league football before he joined us. If they're good enough, they're good enough. I have no idea if Graham is or not as I've never seen him play.

Indeed but Kightly had played 53 games and scored 24 goals all for the first team, much like Vardy and Austin did for their respective teams so the risk is much lower and you would expect those players to have been watched plenty before being bought. Graham doesn't have that C.V.

Of course there isn't. Personally I would prefer us to with a player promoted from the Development squad than Mr A Verage from the Championship.

Back onto Graham - He has been doing ok since he returned from injury and hasn't broken again. Be interesting to see his involvement during the pre-season games.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you on the sentiment of bringing youth through. As you point out though, Graham was injured, and has a history of injury, so asking him to step up, maybe in a combination with Wallace, is a real stretch and a hell of a risk.

Especially when you think that the majority of the team is there so not much needs changing, why not bring in one marque player in a position you know you need to fill and then bring Graham through as and when that marque player is tired/ injured, which undoubtedly players will be.

It's all a bit amateur for me.

why not bring in one marque player in a position you know you need to fill

One mans Marque signing is another mans "why the fuck we spunked £3m on him for, he is shit" signing

How do you define a Marque signing (other than actually buying a Marque and why the fuck are we using the term Marque signing, are we the E&S or something?)

One mans Marque signing is another mans "why the $#@! we spunked £3m on him for, he is $#@!" signing

How do you define a Marque signing (other than actually buying a Marque and why the $#@! are we using the term Marque signing, are we the E&S or something?)

I couldn't think of a better term..........

I know opinions will vary (Hi Alan) and I'm not of the opinion that more money = better player and a signing that will instantly improve (or in this case match) would show that Wolves are prepared for this coming season and head into pre-season looking in fine fettle, ready to go and with even more youth team players coming through to bolster the talent that has come in.

At the moment it is screaming, 'Bollocks, we are throwing all of our weight behind the youth team as we haven't planned for this'.

I know it's not very entertaining but i like the Wolves Schtum principle on all apsects of transfers.

I really believe we have got our heads on straight since the disaster seasons, and will not be surprised to see one or three more signings pop in, out of the blue, with no prior twitter or B&S propoganda preceeding them.

One mans Marque signing is another mans "why the fuck we spunked £3m on him for, he is shit" signing

How do you define a Marque signing (other than actually buying a Marque and why the fuck are we using the term Marque signing, are we the E&S or something?)

A big fat bloke?

What shirt size are you? I'm a Mark F - One size bigger than a Marquee?

I'll get me coat.

All the Wolves fans i've spoken to here at work reckon, similar to the general consensus on here, if we could have got him for up to a mill fine but 3 million, no thanks.

I don't think there's been quote from the Club but i wouldn't be surprised if we were never in for him.

Going back to Ameobi, apparently Everton have now entered the chase for him.

There's still hope!

Rosler: 'It was a football decision by Chris to come to Leeds. He sees a young team with good players.' #lufc
Remember the last time Rosler paid £3m for a striker we wanted.....

We've turned down a second bid from Fulham for MacDonald, according to SkySports.

Straight out of the football Managers Handbook.

Wood: it was the biggest move of my career and didn't want to take it lightly..

Wood relishing joining Leeds.. Only club he spoke to, did his research and impressed by what club had to say

We've turned down a second bid from Fulham for MacDonald, according to SkySports.

We should ask them to list a number of players we could have in exchange, their better players hardly ever get a game.

Fulham are a joke shop of a club.

They've set the standard by paying £3-4m for an inferior midfielder in Cairney.

Wood: it was the biggest move of my career and didn't want to take it lightly..

Wood relishing joining Leeds.. Only club he spoke to, did his research and impressed by what club had to say

Yeah, very useful those Handbook's.

Back