• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

It's DejavU - all over again. An awful lot of bluster, but no signings to speak of really.

wolves need 2 or 3 players this close season, so why would you expect transfer speculation across the board, every minute of every day.
we have one in the bag we are looking at two others and the window doesn't officially open until wednesday. take a holiday!

It is biting hard, but what's your point, i understand the window opens wednesday, or is that just the prem?

ah wow!, so it all should have happened and been nailed down by now, what the fuck will sky do in August? when they find it's all over?.
Frankly Wolves must be the most boring club in the world to follow through the transfer window.

I am sure we are not only looking, but are pretty sure who we are looking at, but as a wolves supporter i have learned, i will be the last to know and never know how much.

Deja, my apologies i have some small matters of a different kind on my mind at the moment.

The devil in me hopes we don't make anymore signings and Jez & Ken say they are happy to pursue a youth backed policy as i love it when cyber veins bulge in cyber necks.

I am sure we are not only looking, but are pretty sure who we are looking at, but as a wolves supporter i have learned, i will be the last to know and never know how much.

Without sounding reactionary. I'm not sure we do know who we are looking at as the targets so far have been pretty........ average (barring Zyro who I know nothing about). That and Webber has gone and I imagine has been working a notice period for a while.

Big off season for Thelwell and Jackett as I think if they go into the new season as they did the last, without decent reinforcements/ replacement for Sako, I think the fans will be on the whole very unhappy.

Let the fapping begin. Woods signs for Leeds..

Oddly enough, the reaction around the interweb seems to be 'at last' now can we move on.

Do we really know who are targets are though? We seem to have to rely on ITK Twitter posts and the E&S picking up on them and running a story with zero knowledge on whether it is true or not. So, saying the names are average, is not really anything to with the club with the internet. I know a small % will be true but not enough to say all our targets are pretty average.

Do we really know who are targets are though? We seem to have to rely on ITK Twitter posts and the E&S picking up on them and running a story with zero knowledge on whether it is true or not.

We don't know that is true and the club are notorious for keeping schtum on these sort of things. It's more the level of targets linked (and some 100% folk admit to being talked to) is very underwhelming, it's like we haven't moved on from last season.

We really should have had a Sako replacement signed as it's not like we knew he wasn't going. And the club must have known Webber was moving on some months ago so why not have somebody in if you knew this was going to happen as it's a pretty pivotal role.

It is more the time we'd had to prepare for these things rather than somebody coming in for our players/ staff during this window. It's all a bit amateur looking.

Zyro - @sansofewolf @LegiaWarszawa His manager just told me that @OfficialWolves wont buy him.

Useless fucking club.

On Sako's replacement - I wonder if the club think Jordan Graham is going to hit the ground running this pre-season and be the one.

If there is no one out there, within our price range surely it is better to use what we have rather than panic a few million on a bang average replacement.

On Sako's replacement - I wonder if the club think Jordan Graham is going to hit the ground running this pre-season and be the one.

If there is no one out there, within our price range surely it is better to use what we have rather than panic a few million on a bang average replacement.

I would love that to happen, just to appreciate the full force of the moans.

Wallace is being continually mentioned as somebody who can play wide, too.

I agree with the sentiment, but it is a bit much to expect a youngster with zero first team experience to replace the player of the season. Graham also has a history of breakage so throwing him in from the off is a hell of a risk.

Of course, it is utter rubbish to think there isn't a player out there who Wolves could replace Sako with. That I can say with the utmost confidence.

Wallace is being continually mentioned as somebody who can play wide, too.

I can see that happening but having not seen anything of him other than the football league highlights show would this be wise to replace Sako with?

Kightly managed to do pretty well having never played league football before he joined us. If they're good enough, they're good enough. I have no idea if Graham is or not as I've never seen him play.

Of course, it is utter rubbish to think there isn't a player out there who Wolves could replace Sako with. That I can say with the utmost confidence.

Of course there isn't. Personally I would prefer us to with a player promoted from the Development squad than Mr A Verage from the Championship.

Back onto Graham - He has been doing ok since he returned from injury and hasn't broken again. Be interesting to see his involvement during the pre-season games.

Back