• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Depends though doesn't it. It's not insane if we're talking in relation to Ross McCormack. We paid £2m plus add ons for Afobe who hadn't done much at Championship level.

Equally I don't think there's a chance Leeds have that kind of money to spend, Cellino is going to get banned again and is surely preparing an exit strategy.

It is insane for someone now into their last year when his club were happy to accept less money 12 months ago. We shall see, anyway. If he pitches up here it will be undisclosed anyway unless Leicester shout about the fee.

£3.25m for a forward doesn't strike me as paying particularly out the nose.

Of course. I'm ambivalent to him coming, I rate him at this level but this is clearly his limit, and generally I prefer us to sign players who can progress with us if we achieve our goals.

Of course. I'm ambivalent to him coming, I rate him at this level but this is clearly his limit, and generally I prefer us to sign players who can progress with us if we achieve our goals.

I'm also unsure how well he'll fit in. We're clearly set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break, Wood is a player who likes to play back to goal with midfield runners around him.

I'm also unsure how well he'll fit in. We're clearly set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break, Wood is a player who likes to play back to goal with midfield runners around him.

Then when we're not doing that successfully in certain games comes the time for a tactical switch...

If we get him he will offer something different to what we got..

Sent from my Lenovo A3500-FL using Tapatalk

I can only go on what i saw of him last season and granted it was the Premier League, he doesn't look like the sort of player who would fit in with the way we play now although i except he could be wanted as the plan B Clarke was supposed to be.

£3.25m for a forward doesn't strike me as paying particularly out the nose.

A third choice striker at this level in the last year of his contract. He would at that figure become what, one of our 10 highest signings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read Molineux Mix for my sins and someone reckons their mate is adamant Wood is still signing for us and indeed spoke to him last night! Sounds bullshit to me though, think this bloke is shit-stirring.

A third choice striker at this level in the last year of his contract. He would at that figure become what, one of our 10 highest signings?

We had quite the raft of £2.5-3m signings in the Prem. Milijas, Zubar, JVD, Halford, Mouyokolo, Hunt etc. Maierhofer ended up costing that much as well. Akinbiyi was £3.5m. Johnson and O'Hara were about £3.5m each I think? Sako was £3m, Sigurdarson was £2.2m I think.

Fletcher and Doyle out on their own of course.

Edit: Miller was £3m as well.

Of course I may be well off the mark as I'm not privy to the kind of information required to have an informed opinion - but from everything I have seen/read, it's quite obvious Wolves & Kenny are keen. The player himself has made no noises - nor has his agent - and he's previously given up the chance to come here before. So if he's not interested - let it go and move on to the next one. If he doesn't fancy some competition and doesn't fancy the fight to win the shirt and better himself, he's not the kind of player we should be looking to sign anyway. To be honest, I'm not keen on him as a player. He's still young and has scored a few goals at this level, but his recent goalscoring record isn't very impressive at all.

I honestly wouldn't mind if we miss out on him.

We had quite the raft of £2.5-3m signings in the Prem. Milijas, Zubar, JVD, Halford, Mouyokolo, Hunt etc. Maierhofer ended up costing that much as well. Akinbiyi was £3m. Johnson and O'Hara were about £3.5m each I think? Sako was £3m, Sigurdarson was £2.2m I think.

Assuming it's 3.25m!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if it's over £3m he'll go in the top ten without a doubt.

I felt sick typing some of those names out. Halford is the worst and Hunt not far behind, at least most of the others were unknown quantities, they might have come off, they might not. We knew those two were shit before we signed them.

Fletcher, Doyle (to a point), Sako and Miller were hits I guess.

Of course I may be well off the mark as I'm not privy to the kind of information required to have an informed opinion - but from everything I have seen/read, it's quite obvious Wolves & Kenny are keen. The player himself has made no noises - nor has his agent - and he's previously given up the chance to come here before. So if he's not interested - let it go and move on to the next one. If he doesn't fancy some competition and doesn't fancy the fight to win the shirt and better himself, he's not the kind of player we should be looking to sign anyway. To be honest, I'm not keen on him as a player. He's still young and has scored a few goals at this level, but his recent goalscoring record isn't very impressive at all.

I honestly wouldn't mind if we miss out on him.

Feel exactly the same - and surely Wood will choose Leeds over us? More or less guaranteed starter, fans want him. With us he'll be third choice and fans are ambivalent. Only worry at Leeds is will they stay solvent through a season...

Yeah, if it's over £3m he'll go in the top ten without a doubt.

I felt sick typing some of those names out. Halford is the worst and Hunt not far behind, at least most of the others were unknown quantities, they might have come off, they might not. We knew those two were shit before we signed them.

Fletcher, Doyle (to a point), Sako and Miller were hits I guess.

Hunt has some redeeming factors. He scored some important goals for us and at least he tried. He was shit, but he tried. Halford though... *shudders*

I'd be dumbstruck if Jez would shell out over 3 million for him, maybe a punt at about a million but 3's never gonna happen.

Just read Molineux Mix for my sins and someone reckons their mate is adamant Wood is still signing for us and indeed spoke to him last night! Sounds bullshit to me though, think this bloke is shit-stirring.

Just had a peek over there as well. Bizarrely, they don't seem to be wetting themselves over potentially losing out on Wood. Most don't seem bothered either way which would be my stance as well.

They're also talking about some guy from Chicago Fire called David Accam. Never heard of him and can't find any links so no idea where that one has come from.

We had quite the raft of £2.5-3m signings in the Prem. Milijas, Zubar, JVD, Halford, Mouyokolo, Hunt etc. Maierhofer ended up costing that much as well. Akinbiyi was £3.5m. Johnson and O'Hara were about £3.5m each I think? Sako was £3m, Sigurdarson was £2.2m I think.

I think we spent £2-3m on Mark Kennedy too?

Back