• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Strikes me as a Jez special, approach a club in a distressed financial state and see what bargain you can drive.

I wouldn't mind Mason at £500k or so on the understanding that he'd at least start off as back up. He's nothing like the quality of Afobe or Dicko, we do need at least one striker though, maybe two.

Mason would be a good signing, useful wee player. Wont be many teams in the Championship who have a better 3rd striker than him.

When I saw him for Cardiff when they went up he mainly seemed to be more a a 10 then a striker, would drift around. Although that opinion is mainly based on the league cup run they had so suppose they might have played a different way in the cup.

Looking down the list on this article, and I was grimacing more than I do reading Frank's Jokes thread.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...06/12/comment-who-can-wolves-get-for-nothing/

GT_grimace_small.gif

Sagbo, McShane and Ryan Taylor. This is quite meta, can you be worth less than nothing?

Mason looks like the new Kevin Doyle - rarely scores, no pace and third choice. Like DW says, might be OK for £500k but anything over £1.5 you want starting XI quality.

Isn't Ryan Taylor a CB? I can't think of ever seeing him anywhere other than either CB or when he briefly played LB due to injuries.

He's a right back who can play on the right of midfield.

He is also totally finished, I'd rather re-sign Gunnar Halle.

must be confusing him with someone, Is Williamson or whatever he is called left footed? Is Taylor the one who scored a couple of decent free kicks?

Yeah, but he can't even take set pieces any more. He was alright 10 years ago.

I suppose that elevates him above McShane who was shit 10 years ago.

I don't know how Miyaichi has coped with injuries of late but he was highly thought of until he broke. Played nearly 30 games last season in the dutch league(s) and might be worth a punt. He's potentially better than RvlP.

must be confusing him with someone, Is Williamson or whatever he is called left footed? Is Taylor the one who scored a couple of decent free kicks?

He only scores against wigan though. And they're not in our division. So I'll pass.

Ryan Taylor has been a good "squad player" for Newcastle in that he was never first choice but would step into a number of defensive or midfield positions in times of injury to better players. Well past his best now - and at his best he was always second choice! (admittedly in Premier League) Not renowned for his passing ability but took a mean free kick. To say we should try and sign him is IMO rubbish!

Injury prone and past it. Avoid.

I don't know how Miyaichi has coped with injuries of late but he was highly thought of until he broke. Played nearly 30 games last season in the dutch league(s) and might be worth a punt. He's potentially better than RvlP.

Yeah i wouldnt mind miyaichi, ha does have had many injuries though..but could be a good signing if he can keep fit.

Back