• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

They are linked with about 7 players this morning. New manager, supposedly some decent funding, so the rumour mill is in overdrive.

Bent is hoping to get a Prem deal, Derby seems to be his back up option.

Nowt to do with him really. The "rumour" page is just the Sports Dept easy way of bringing stuff they have seen on Twitter and other non-fact based websites to their paper. If something looks like it might be true, they run with a story and claim they revealed it days/weeks ago.

Im on about the Stearman rehash..

I particularly like today's offering that we are having to wait on a Zyro deal until we are sure that Sako is going. That is up there with needing to sell Berra before we could sign anyone.

I particularly like today's offering that we are having to wait on a Zyro deal until we are sure that Sako is going. That is up there with needing to sell Berra before we could sign anyone.

I am more concerned at losing out to him, especially with the Scottish Giants Legia Warsaw wanting him..... #boavistafor2015

Gudmundsson from Charlton? Britton from Swansea? Rumour mill in overdrive this morning.

I wouldn't bother with Britton tbh. At 32 how much better than Jack Price is he really?

Perfect player for him to learn from though. Could be a canny piece of business.

Funny. As Jackett use to play him on the right for Swansea, only until Martinez did he become a holding midfielder like he is now.

I would have him, one or two year deal and would indicate we wouldn't be going with a typical 442

I wouldn't bother with Britton tbh. At 32 how much better than Jack Price is he really?

Id take him if he's on a free, he could give us a season and pass on some good experience to the midfield as Ricketts did with the defence in L1?

Id take him if he's on a free, he could give us a season and pass on some good experience to the midfield as Ricketts did with the defence in L1?

Britton said he wanted to end his career at Swansea, if he's leaving now it'll only be for first team football. I'd have no problem with Britton sitting next to McDonald in a 4-2-3-1 but in the long term I'd much rather we signed a more permanent option or gave Price/Evans game time in that position. A full season at Championship level will be much more beneficial for Jack Price than a season of sitting on the bench watching Leon Britton.

Britton said he wanted to end his career at Swansea, if he's leaving now it'll only be for first team football. I'd have no problem with Britton sitting next to McDonald in a 4-2-3-1 but in the long term I'd much rather we signed a more permanent option or gave Price/Evans game time in that position. A full season at Championship level will be much more beneficial for Jack Price than a season of sitting on the bench watching Leon Britton.

Whilst true, what if Leon Britton is what we need to get promoted? What is more important in this day and age?

I agree with Lycan, Britton is a good footballer but he isn't anything like enough of an upgrade on Price to make it worth it. Besides which I don't think we'll play 4-2-3-1 next season.

Whilst true, what if Leon Britton is what we need to get promoted? What is more important in this day and age?

Well, promotion obviously. If he's still that good then I say go for it but I'm not sure he's massively better than Jack Price who had a very good second half of the season IMO. If we're going to go with the 4-2-3-1 (and that's the only formation you could play Britton in) then I'd rather we went with what we already have.

He isn't going to make that much difference. He offers the same zero attacking threat as Price, and it'd be hard for us to actually improve on the record we have when Price has started games. Same as Price, he doesn't really work in a two alongside McDonald.

We need central midfielders (plural, I think) but they must offer something we don't already have.

HITC are now claiming that we've turned down a bid for Stearman.

I would suggest Stearman's agent is doing a good job for his client

Back