• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Looked pretty good for Swindon during the playoffs. As far as I can see the rumour site that has the talk of it doesn't have a lot concrete to back it up. There are quotes from the Swindon manager that he has received bids for four players. 2 of those are off to QPR, so it might have some legs, but there is nothing to specifically tie us to it.

The E&S can talk up Batth to Sunderland all they like, they don't even have a manager so who is buying him on their behalf?

Tim Spiers career at the E&S gets off to a great start..

I've been wanting us to sign Kasim for a while now.

The E&S can talk up Batth to Sunderland all they like, they don't even have a manager so who is buying him on their behalf?

Does the manager at Sunderland get a say? Both Poyet and Di Canio moaned about the players they were "given"

You would think given that they ended up having to sack both of those and have spent the last three seasons in a row desperately scrambling for wins at the end to save themselves that they would have a rethink. The guy who bought the players that came in during Di Canio's time in charge and that Poyet inherited has gone anyway, I don't think Congerton is one for going rogue and buying players on his own. Poyet used to just bring it up whenever they lost as he is appalling at taking responsibility when things go wrong.

I can't see a situation where a new manager comes in and is told "as a club we want this player, you'll have to deal with it" being particularly helpful.

E&S talking up the Batth to Sunderland rumour again. They are valuing Batth at £6M.

£6m? See ya... That would be an excellent sale from Wolves point of view as long as all the money goes back into the squad strengthening

FLIC Wiltshire News have an article on our "interest" in Kasim now.

"Having just missed out on a play-off berth last season, Wolves want to add more quality to their midfield as they look to go one better in 2015/16 and secure a return to the Premier League, with Kevin McDonald and Dave Edwards the only real established midfielders at the club."

Yep, Jack Price didn't play at all last season

Maybe the Swindon Tim Nash isn't paid to know about other teams?

Tim Spiers career at the E&S gets off to a great start..

Nowt to do with him really. The "rumour" page is just the Sports Dept easy way of bringing stuff they have seen on Twitter and other non-fact based websites to their paper. If something looks like it might be true, they run with a story and claim they revealed it days/weeks ago.

E&S talking up the Batth to Sunderland rumour again. They are valuing Batth at £6M.

I'd take your hand off for 6m. Central defence is one place where we aren't short and I think KJ will have a job on keeping Batth, Stears, EEL, and Hause all happy.

6 million??? I'll get my car, nice bloke but no contest at that money.

£6m has only been mentioned by the E&S. Completely arbitrary figure.

You could argue that any transfer value is arbitrary.

Well not really. Any REAL transfer figure is entirely governed by the laws of supply and demand.

Any figure batted around by a rag that is completely out of the loop is definitely arbitrary.

Yasir Kasim, if you have been on the Wolves facebook page lately you may have picked up that his linking with us has drawn some attention! Utterly bonkers! wondered what the hell was happening at first.

Is it true that Gil, Weimann and Lowton have been made available by Villa?

I'd be straight on the case for Weimann.

Weimann going to Derby it seems along with Pearce from Reading who I have always thought is a solid centre half. If Clement is as decent a manager as they are hoping then I could see them being Top 2 next year
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32989516

Peace is a tugboat of a centre half.

Bent still signing for them too?

Back