• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

You need a balance but slightly in favour of the defence. Being utterly gung-ho is going to be entertaining but unlikely to succeed. Equally being completely defensive and having little attacking favour is going to make you like Sheffield Wednesday 2014-2015. Also untroubling the play-offs.

Yes you need some balance but for me it has to be weighted more on attack than defence(in the champs)

Knockaert released by LCFC but apparently going back to Belgium

Think he has already signed for Standard Liege.

Is it true that Gil, Weimann and Lowton have been made available by Villa?

I'd be straight on the case for Weimann.

I'd rather have Gil than Andi.

As would I, but I find the chance of us getting him rather unlikely!

Weimann is lively and good runs and such off and with the ball..but lacking end product in scoring goals

If we did go 4-3-3 Wiemann would be ideal as one of the front 3. He's a withdrawn or wide forward really. It would mean us pushing Afobe or Dicko uncomfortably wide I think as the only other option would be RVLP

That type of player offers us flexibility though, much like van la Parra (who I really think can push on next season).

Maybe have Weimann play in the Edwards role? Although we do now have Wallace.

Honestly I think we're decently well stocked in the front four positions (left wing not necessarily included), so I'd be more comfortable if rumors were linking us with more central midfielders. Doesn't make for such sexy headlines, though.

Weimann isn't a ten. He has no guile but does have raw pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weimann's a good player but we need a partner for Macca more than another attacker.

What happened to Lowton? He really did look a good prospect, but has really gone backwards.

No idea. Pretty sure that a kasim between their expectations and reality though...

Back