• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Id like him here no doubt, but as I've just done hundreds of names from now till July will be mentioned. I do actually like the summer rumours. We are in a good position to attract players this coming season rather then last. Just wait that's all we can do.

It's certainly workable from a manager or club's point of view but it's not always going to be enough to keep a player happy, or the parent club in this case.

Arsenal possibly would steer him towards an alternative destination where he would have a chance of more minutes, surely that's their main objective from the whole deal, and perhaps the player himself would look at it similarly, the more minutes he can play the more he can develop, etc. Then are sure to be a whole range of things to consider though, like there is with anyone making any career choice, so even if there was that concern it could turn out that there are enough other things in Wolves' favour to still make it the place to be.

Arsenal wouldn't want the player to be burnt out or overplayed either, so a rotation would probably suit better than a stick on first team spot.

Arsenal wouldn't want the player to be burnt out or overplayed either, so a rotation would probably suit better than a stick on first team spot.

Surely at his age they'll be wanting to see that he can play pretty much a full season, he's had other short loans to get the sort of life experience side of things down, have a crack at senior football, etc. I'd have thought by now they'd want to see if he can actually do it consistently over a sustained period, it's not like they're going to be recalling him at some point to go into their first team so they need him fresh for that.

I don't think so Mark, there will be a balance but parent clubs rarely want their young players playing every minute. Look at Iorfa as an example, he didn't play every game, most games yes but when he needed pulling out he was.

Akpom is a beast so he may be looking to start but strikers rarely start all the games in a season.

Akpom has already got more first team football under his belt than Iorfa had prior to this season though hasn't he? And at a higher level too given that Iorfa had only been to Shrewsbury whereas as Akpom went to Forest for a bit this season, so I see him as being a bit further along in his development, plus being at a club like Arsenal you'd expect they'd really want to see some big steps now to try and judge whether he'll make it as a first team player for them.

I'm not saying they'd only want to him to go a club who'll guarantee that he'll play every single minute of football that he's fit to play but I imagine they'd want him to play as often as is practically possible whereas at Wolves he could end up spending some considerable spells where he'd get very little playing time if the other two were on form. There'd still be opportunities for him through injury or fixture congestion, perhaps not always a great deal of time off the bench as Jackett often seems to drag his heels there but whilst not a completely barren spell it could be seen as some considerable 'wasted' time in his development compared to what may be available elsewhere.

Just at an average he would play 66% of the minutes in a season. I'd say most players of any age would be content with that.

Content perhaps but I think majority would ideally want more, and it wouldn't be especially difficult to find.

Certain websites that lack DW's approval are now saying we're fighting it out with Celtic for Mulumbu.

He's be on more wages than Sako was on, no chance.

Express and Star also seems to think we are in for Gayle, probably just copying other crap websites.

probably just copying other crap websites.

No probably about it.

The E&S story is basically the story from the weekend with a few of their own words of wisdom thrown in.

No probably about it.

The E&S story is basically the story from the weekend with a few of their own words of wisdom thrown in.

Did they see him in one of the many landmark pubs across Wolverhampton?

Mulumbu could be just the type of player Wolves need. He'd certainly help the defence keep clean sheets and allow McDonald more freedom. Wages would certainly be an issue but stability of location could be a factor in his decision making process.

He was a really good player a couple of seasons back but something has clearly gone amiss with him for them to be releasing him.

He was a really good player a couple of seasons back but something has clearly gone amiss with him for them to be releasing him.

Think he's just fallen behind in Pulis' estimation. They have more central midfielders than you can shake a stick at.

He has effectively been ousted by Fletcher, would be a good signing on paper although I haven't seen him recently to comment enough. I imagine he has probably played against us in the development leagues or friendlies if he has been out of favour.

Back