• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

We shouldn't be paying attention to anything Bully says about Wolves tbh. That said, Mulumbu would be a good signing. Can see him going to another Premier League club though.

Bully's role is totally ceremonial. I doubt he knows the details of our wage structure.

I think Luciano Becchio has been released by Norwich. Hardly seems to have played for them so was that injuries or not good enough? When he was at Leeds I rated him quite highly.

I think he's bright enough to know if Wolves can afford such players because by naming names he creature all types of conjecture.

I think we're bright enough to know it's just a throw away comment. Bull has a history of saying things like this.

Bully's role is totally ceremonial. I doubt he knows the details of our wage structure.

I think Luciano Becchio has been released by Norwich. Hardly seems to have played for them so was that injuries or not good enough? When he was at Leeds I rated him quite highly.

Combination of both I think, Norwich fans don't rate him very highly at all. As you say though, he was ace at Leeds. He was on loan at Rotherham for a while last season, no idea if he was any good there.

I think we're bright enough to know it's just a throw away comment. Bull has a history of saying things like this.
I never read the local rag so didn't appreciate Bully would just go out on a limb without having some basis to what players would be under Wolves scrutiny. Surely he would have a good idea who Wolves top earners are and if said player falls into the same category.

I wouldn't be putting too much faith in Steve Bull's understanding or knowledge of football finances.

I wouldn't be putting too much faith in Steve Bull's understanding or knowledge of football finances.

To be fair he didn't say anything about affording him, just that he thought he was the kind of player we need. Football prowess rather than football finance.

I'd definitely take Mulumbu.

Chuba Akpom has just scored a fantastic goal for the U20's. I'd get him down here on loan, would be electric along with Afobe and Dicko..

How would you fit all three in?

How would you fit all three in?

Watford did with Deeney (33 apps and 21 goals), Vydra (31 apps and 16 goals) and Ighalo (22 apps and 20 goals). All about man management and keeping them sweet, the Watford manager was able to do that.

Well one is going to come off the bench every week, one of the will be injured from time to time and routine squad rotation when 3 game in a week etc.

Well one is going to come off the bench every week, one of the will be injured from time to time and routine squad rotation when 3 game in a week etc.

Is easily workable isn't it. Id rather have three competing then two plus Leon Clarke..

Would the player be happy with that situation though? If it's a choice between playing 2 out of 3 games or being first choice elsewhere then you'd think many would prefer the latter, given that the two clubs were relatively equal.

Would the player be happy with that situation though? If it's a choice between playing 2 out of 3 games or being first choice elsewhere then you'd think many would prefer the latter, given that the two clubs were relatively equal.

Ive only gave the Watford scenario as a slight example of three working. If the kid is a top future talent as Akpom is then the scenario and the interview and talks will be a hell of a lot different, Im sure Jackett will not state you'll be rotated every other week so we can accommodate the other two.

They sign with the vision of being first choice. If there performance drops then they don't play, or it might be a horses for courses job.

Players know that these days they aren't going to be automatic pick week in week out, unless of course they are a stand out player in the team

Ive only gave the Watford scenario as a slight example of three working. If the kid is a top future talent as Akpom is then the scenario and the interview and talks will be a hell of a lot different, Im sure Jackett will not state you'll be rotated every other week so we can accommodate the other two.

It's certainly workable from a manager or club's point of view but it's not always going to be enough to keep a player happy, or the parent club in this case.

Arsenal possibly would steer him towards an alternative destination where he would have a chance of more minutes, surely that's their main objective from the whole deal, and perhaps the player himself would look at it similarly, the more minutes he can play the more he can develop, etc. Then are sure to be a whole range of things to consider though, like there is with anyone making any career choice, so even if there was that concern it could turn out that there are enough other things in Wolves' favour to still make it the place to be.

Back