• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

i think there is a very good player in there somewhere, but he seems more concerned with always trying to take the safe option and not do anything wrong. I too wish he would take people on, I think he did when he first started - but that was in the cup against lower league opposition - He seems frightened to go for it - Maybe he is playing under strict instructions?

I also had a Liverpool fan tell me he was more of a striker. Can't see it though.

As a rule I do find Liverpool fans think they know about football, the reality is they don't.

Going by last weeks match he (Ojo) didn't seem to even want the ball.
Golbourne got a lot of flak when he had no outlet....league 1 at best for me.

Ojo changed the game today. Only player prepared to commit and take a defender on.

I know we've discussed this guy before but watching Fulham v QPR on Friday night Ben Pringle looked like he would have been the perfect replacement for Sako. Had a great game and scored a goal we'd have been raving about if Sako had scored it. Did we not identify him as a possible replacement? Did we not think he was good enough? Or did he choose Fulham over us (which would be profoundly depressing)?

Pringle has never even nearly proved himself at this level. He was poor last season for Rotherham. He's not someone I would have been interested in.

The problem is players like Pringle and Blackman who wouldn't have been seen as upgrades by many on here in the Summer (me included) do now. Probably tells you as much about how we are playing as it does about our disproportionate expectations of who we should be signing

Apparently.......

12038229_916666095073746_2824452339519762347_n.jpg

I wish the board would just let the management get on with the job.

Then if the management are inadequate, sack them and replace

Don't see how this affects anything, surely Jackett knew the situation when he took the job, if M & M filled him full of shit about transfer policy before he took the job, then he's within his rights to quit and find a better club, if not he just needs to man up and get on with it.

Why not sign 15 year-olds? They would be cheaper and they could work on Morgan's building sites, as cheap, child labour, in the week.

Seriously, though, if this is true, then we have a serious issue. Couldn't Kenny sue them for constructive dismissal?

Don't see how this affects anything, surely Jackett knew the situation when he took the job, if M & M filled him full of shit about transfer policy before he took the job, then he's within his rights to quit and find a better club, if not he just needs to man up and get on with it.

It's broadly been our transfer policy since Morgan came in, even the players Solbakken signed permanently were 25 or under. Bar the odd old head such as Ricketts, Gray, Iwelumo (which have come at low or zero cost fee wise) and the Johnson/Clarke aberrations, anyone in their late 20s or 30s has been off limits for nearly a decade.

Seriously, though, if this is true, then we have a serious issue. Couldn't Kenny sue them for constructive dismissal?

aFZ7G.gif

The difference being we had a few old heads already in the side so the young signings complimented these and had experience alongside them. Now we do not have this experience in the side so we are basically playing a very young side with very little experience on the park

Back