• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I would be recalling Evans from his loan, personally. I'm still a big fan and think he would compliment Coady well. It's a sad state how quickly things seem to be falling apart. I really hope Kenny can turn it around, I have faith in his managerial and coaching abilities but worry we don't have the quality to do it.

Really not happy with Ameobi, yes he would give us another option but playing 2 upfront isn't working. I know a lot of blame goes to Moxey and Morgan but i think that's far too easy, for me Jackett and the recruitment team have to be looked at. Jackett says Wallace is number 10 and we are crying out for one of those yet we haven't seen him there yet and we have signed Byrne yet go with Ojo instead. It all seems a bit strange to me.

I would be recalling Evans from his loan, personally. I'm still a big fan and think he would compliment Coady well. It's a sad state how quickly things seem to be falling apart. I really hope Kenny can turn it around, I have faith in his managerial and coaching abilities but worry we don't have the quality to do it.

I'd forgotten all about him. He's struggling at Bradford isn't he? (Although Parkin's football is more Pulis than Wenger).

I agree with your last two sentences, I fear KJ gets thrown under the bus whilst the recruitment has been abysmal.

He did well in his first couple of games I think.

There's a very good player in there, I honestly think he has all the qualities to be a Premier League footballer.

He did well in his first couple of games I think.

There's a very good player in there, I honestly think he has all the qualities to be a Premier League footballer.

I do too, if he can grow up a bit I think he could quite easily be better than McD.

I also rate him. He's young and has a lot of potential. He's decent on the ball and can get forward too.

Even our star man is off form in Afobe. Needs a kick up the arse across the whole squad in my view. Inexperienced and lacking nouse I am afraid for me at the moment. Seem devoid of ideas and unsure how they should play

I believe this is to do with KJ not picking a settled team/formation. Afobe has been struggling as there is no service and no set way of playing.
The more we dick around with rhombuses and tombola selection the less anyone will be able to impact games.

Shola Ameobi is an uninspiring signing but he will bring experience to a very youthful squad.

While things may not be going quite as well as we all hoped, I think that after his nervy start, that Martinez is now looking like a very good signing, albeit on loan. A shame we cannot keep him permanently.

Lest us not forget, we will soon have a fit again Siggy to help out.:vuz:

We may as well go with Siggy instead of Ameobi. Can't see the logic in that signing at all. Recruitment department abysmal? Might be a tad generous...

One bit of good news from today, we aren't signing Ameobi.

Never heard of him, but apparently Adam Reach is coming in on loan.

Boro left winger. Decent left foot but that's about it.

right, so we are going for a Boro player who can only make the bench for a cup tie, if true of course.

Played a lot last season. 40 appearances in the league (27 starts).

Back