• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

They've been playing him at right back which is all kinds of wrong. He's ok but no better than Henry.

Can't see it at all. We may have looked during the window but we have signed Byrne. Absolutely no need for another right winger surely.

Yeah, we have no need for Marshall with Byrne, Wallace, Ojo, Henry certified wide players plus Edwards and then Graham on the fringes.

Marshall's best position is as a #10 as that's where he was brought through at youth level at Crewe before Pulis ruined him. He played very successfully for a spell as the left/ right forward in an attacking Blackburn line up rather than a winger. Would work if we persist with this narrow 4-3-3 rubbish.

We don't really need a number 10 either. Afobe is going to be there behind Le Fondre you would think.

We don't really need a number 10 either. Afobe is going to be there behind Le Fondre you would think.

That is Wallace's proper position too. Plus fans' favourite Dave Edwards. He's brilliant you know.

James Henry MAX.

I doubt this will happen. More likely we tried to sign Marshall before we went for Byrne and the story is only coming out now. I'm sure there was talk of £4-5 million being thrown around when he was being linked with Fulham & Brighton earlier in the summer.

He isn't worth anywhere near that, he is far more James Henry than Tom Ince.

He isn't worth anywhere near that, he is far more James Henry than Tom Ince.

Yep. Blackburn are just trying to make sure they get out of this embargo and are bumping up the asking price for all their players. £8 million for Gestede FFS.

I would say he has produced at keymoments so far for us which is fair enough, mainly the Blackburn game. But in general he actually hasn't played very well. QPR he was terrific for half an hour but completely disappeared after that, like everyone else. However, no one else has really stepped up to take his place as of yet so he keeps his place, which I would say for now is fair enough.

I've said before, but I suspect that Edwards brings more than footballing ability to the squad, hence his place. Not that I think he or KJ assume that gives him an automatic spot.

With Ricketts gone, and now Stearman, Baath out we're a very young team.

Frazier Campbell speculation is doing the rounds today.

Would hope paper. I don't think Campbell is the type of striker we need right now.

I'd take Campbell and play him wide left, he's pretty good at it too and we could genuinely play a 4-3-3:

-------Coady----Price-------

------------Wallace----------

Byrne-------Afobe------Campbell

I think that gives us good balance.

Back