• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Agreed. Although Morgan looks like he won't invest his own money in the playing staff, I also don't think he's out to make a profit, so would expect him to reinvest, however I'd expect it to be invested across the whole package not fee for fee. i.e. Purchase price signing on fee, agents fee and wages. So, fans that expect £0 net spend may be disappointed.

Has this been confirmed at Parliament meetings?

Low wage bill compared with who?

I think it's based on the fact we've released Sako and Doyle who were both on serious money and replaced them with Byrne, Wallace and Ojo in particular who will be on peanuts in comparison, Coady would be on a modest championship wage coming from Huddersfield too and I imagine it depends what % of Alf's wages we're paying.

Stearman too would've been on above average wages for the squad I imagine.

I think it's based on the fact we've released Sako and Doyle who were both on serious money and replaced them with Byrne, Wallace and Ojo in particular who will be on peanuts in comparison, Coady would be on a modest championship wage coming from Huddersfield too and I imagine it depends what % of Alf's wages we're paying.

Stearman too would've been on above average wages for the squad I imagine.

Doyle was signed when we were in the premier league and sako when we had just got relegated and (at worst) had four years of parachute payments ahead of us.

I imagine our wage bill is broadly where it should be given our income, league status and commitments elsewhere (ie academy etc).

Lets start an " Any Oligarch will do " campaign and get some serious money invested to buy some serious quality. If not we will be a championship club for a long long long time

Lets start an " Any Oligarch will do " campaign and get some serious money invested to buy some serious quality. If not we will be a championship club for a long long long time

What would you sell to become the new Man City, how would you get the richest Sheikhs Of Dubai to turn towards Wolverhampton.
Would you give them control of the City. Would you allow them the rights to change the name of the club, the stadium, to change the colour of the shirt. Would you sell your history for a few years in the sun, then what. Remember Man City struggle to reach their owners wishes and struggle to sell fifty thousand tickets on match days.

With the loan window opening on Thursday, we're being (unsurprisingly) linked with Frazier Campbell and Yann Kermorgant.

Badly written rag said:
Manchester United's James Wilson would top of the shopping list should Louis van Gaal decide not to send him to a rival Premier League club.

I'm not sure any PL club can lend anybody between windows.........

The E&S reckon we're after James Wilson.

United did state today that they had denied a few loan opportunities because they are light on numbers themselves at under 21 level. Stating they had received 15 inquires from other clubs about the availability of James Wilson alone.

I dont get the love for james wilson, every game i have seen he has looked average or below average..not fussed at all

His finishing when their reserves beat us 3-0 and he scored a hat trick reminded me of a young Shearer. He badly needs games now, being stuck behind the human tree Fellaini will ruin his career at source the way it's going.

Wilson has all the qualities to be a top forward. Quick, skillful, top finisher. It's just that weirdo van Gaal fucking him around.

We have no chance of gettinh him though. I'd be in for (and I've said this many times) Nick Powell, who has just returned from injury.

On the idea of swapping where we are now for an Oligarch........Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,

On the idea of swapping where we are now for an Oligarch........Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,

You possibly anti that idea then Pav??

Taking into consideration where we were in the Spring and where we are now, a "Summer Improvement Thread" would appear to be a bit of an oxymoron.

Back