• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

via BBC website ...

14:55
Manchester United striker James Wilson is not likely to leave Old Trafford on loan this season, according to Wolves boss Kenny Jackett,.

The 19-year-old had been interesting a number of Championship clubs with United reportedly keen to loan him out after the £36m forward Anthony Martial.

"The information is he's not available. They're keeping him there for the time being," said Jackett.

Required given our style of play. Need a big man to bring down the long balls. Would have preferred Wood though

Shola isnt bad..decent player that is strong also

It isn't exactly inspiring. Is that really the best we can do? He's 34 next month and will surely also want a decent wage considering what he will have been on at Newcastle ad Palace.

I just remember the flapping when we signed Big Chris Iwelumo and he helped bag us a fair few goals.

Shola is steady enough and if he plays will do a job. Don't mind us signing an experienced player

Yeah, our team is far too young, its showing and they are gonna be less consistent..if we achieve playoff this year i would be amazed

Won't get a hat full of goals but as said good to have some experience around the squad, it's would be a low risk signing.

Yeah, our team is far too young, its showing and they are gonna be less consistent..if we achieve playoff this year i would be amazed

when I saud that I got dogs abuse and comparisons with the average age of the 2008 squad. However I still think that the 2008 team contained more talent than this lot. Even our star man is off form in Afobe. Needs a kick up the arse across the whole squad in my view. Inexperienced and lacking nouse I am afraid for me at the moment. Seem devoid of ideas and unsure how they should play

I would normally not be that sure about that sort of signing, however at the moment we look devoid of quality or ideas, and seem to have somewhere turned in Jackett's Millwall side that looked bereft of genuine quality. Afobe is clearly struggling without Dicko and we need a rethink, so I am happy to take a look at anyone at this stage.

If McD's head isn't right then we should be looking at replacing him immediately and let him move on loan somewhere (for a fee obviously). What a complete mess our recruitment is.

Back